[PRP] The Aged And The Young (Rising From Beneath x Star Dasher)

All in character interactions and roleplays.
doomsayer
Pebbles: 1,728.14 Pebbles

Post by doomsayer »

Rising From Beneath found that he enjoyed strolling through the shaded mud of the swamp's mangrove trees ever since he and his kin emerged from the dark tunnels in winter. Nothing compared to the cool, squishy texture and temperature of perfectly wet mud slightly coating his hooves as he walked around observing the lifestyle of kin here on the surface.

Life in the above is so much different from the one he knew of in the below. No massive beasts lurking in the darkness waiting to eat you in two bites. No hidden pitfalls where you can slide deep into the earth and never be able to climb back. No hidden poisonous moss or ceiling mushrooms that will make you see things and then possibly kill you after prolonged exposure. He had survived much, and he is happy to not have to put up with it now that he is old and slow.

His walk takes him to a group of younger kin who seem to be mingling with each other. He looks on curiously.
Muffinsbaby wrote:
word count: 178
Muffinsbaby
Patron
Patron
Pebbles: 5,003.56 Pebbles

Post by Muffinsbaby »

Star Dasher had gone about his usual run, the exhilaration never fading each time his hooves pounded against the dirt. Though the disappointment of remaining on the ground was also ever present, a longing set bone-deep to play among the stars in the sky, to jump from one twinkling light to another, to get stardust tangled in his tail.

The ground did afford him, however, the ability to meet others. To share in their passions and listen to their stories. He had come across one such group and was actively listening to them now. His ears twitched and his grin grew along with the speed and tone of a young buck relaying an adventurous tale. As prone as he was to wander, so, too, was his attention span, and wander it did. Enough to have him notice a lone soul skirting the edge of the party. Not close enough to intrude, but not far away enough to suggest avoidance.

Curiosity peaked, he called out to the stranger, "Good evening! Would you care to join our odd gathering? Perhaps share a story or two?"
doomsayer wrote:
word count: 186
doomsayer
Pebbles: 1,728.14 Pebbles

Post by doomsayer »

"Oh!" He responded with some shock as his frills receded a little.

"Well, what a nice young buck you are for entertaining the presence of an old buck like me. I was just having a nice walk you see when I saw this gathering. Personally, I thought it was some sort of mating pool I heard you young ones participate in up here on the surface. But if it's stories you're sharing, I have many to tell. Mostly about the depths and the dark that lay beneath kindred feet. Each conferring lessons about survival and priorities. If you're all open to hearing tales like that from someone who has experienced too many turning of the seasons such as I, well I am certainly glad to share them. I am Rising From Beneath. What is your name, young one?"
Muffinsbaby wrote:
word count: 143