[PRP] New life on the coast [Fisheye/Brother Shark]

All in character interactions and roleplays.
Beejoux
Colorist
Colorist
Pebbles: 2,859.80 Pebbles
Kin Journal: viewtopic.php?t=1272

Forum

Post by Beejoux »

It was early hours when Brother Shark's glowing eyes pierced the dimness of Fisheye's den. The quiet inside was filled with the sound of tiny sleeping boding breathing, ace he had to move carefully to be sure he didn't accidently nudge one of the babes on his way over to where their mother lay.

It was hard to tell if she was awake or not yet, so he was quiet as he settled in to lay beside her, dropping a fish on the ground to one side for her breakfast. There'd been a slight reprieve for her when the babies were still in their sacks, but now they were out and about they had to be meeting her busy.

Shark had only just arrived home again after a short trek to trade with a neighboring trivem he was glad he hadn't missed the babies emerging.
appeal wrote:
word count: 152
Appeal
Guest Colorist
Guest Colorist
Pebbles: 1,815.20 Pebbles

Forum

Post by Appeal »

In the quiet of the den, Fisheye rested as one must while the children slept. They were too young to leave for long yet but Fisheye still had to see to the tribe's well being and that meant that she conducted much of her business from home. It allowed her to keep watch on the future of the tribe while still seeing to the current state of it. The entrance of Brother Shark woke the sleeping doe as she couldn't afford a deep sleep with six foals capable of crawling away at a moment's notice.

Catching a glimpse of the buck leaving the fish nearby, she grinned. He was a very good provider and protector. She looked at him thankfully, giving him a nuzzle as he laid beside her.

"Brother Shark," she whispered. "You've returned home, how was the trade? Did all go well?"
Beejoux wrote:
word count: 150
Beejoux
Colorist
Colorist

Forum

Post by Beejoux »

He smiled broadly back at her, the glow of his eyes reflecting off his teeth in the quiet dark of the cace. He could see the tiny forms of the babes all tangled together beside them, and he leaned his head down touch his nose very gently to the closest of the foals.

"It went well, we've got some lasting vegetables and seeds to add to our winter stores." Fishing was always harder in the coldest months. The ocean never froze solid, but the water was biting cold and few among them dared it.

His head turned to look back at her, looking for signs of fatigue and exhaustion. She had a tribe to run, he knew that, but she also had six new babies to look over. "How were things while I was gone?" His nose touched her cheek. "How are you feeling?"
appeal wrote:
word count: 147
Appeal
Guest Colorist
Guest Colorist

Forum

Post by Appeal »

Fisheye sighed with relief hearing that the trip had been fruitful. Those were supplies they would desperately need when winter came, and it was a weight off her shoulders to hear that it would be a little less she'd have to worry about for the time.

"That is a relief," she admitted, looking at the six foals that slept peacefully. "The more we can get before resources become harder to trade the better. The autumn is always a busy time for the Guardians. I suspect I'll have to go help them when the foals are a bit bigger as the tribe is getting bigger every season. We've become quite a community now."

The question about how she was feeling was an ask she didn't expect it but she smiled softly in response. "I'm doing well. Tired, as expected, but I've been handling most of the business here at the den."

The den itself had one easy entrance at ground level which made corralling the children inside and handling anything here quite simple.

"Do you think you'll be making another trip soon?" The tone made it clear that this was less business, and more a personal inquiry. A tribe could move mountains but young foals would benefit from having their father around.
Beejoux wrote:
word count: 220
Beejoux
Colorist
Colorist

Forum

Post by Beejoux »

Brother Shark's gaze skirted very briefly to the mouth of her den, out towards the beach. He'd helped grow the tribe considerably in the last year, and now he wondered if he'd placed a worrisome burden on Fisheye because of it.

But he smiled back at her as she answered his question. "That's good. I hope you've had help." He'd considered asking his daughter Snap-Trap if she'd be willing, but...no, that wouldn't be a good idea. Oh, but there were others he could send over for babysitting duty when Fisheye needed a break and he wasn't available.

And speaking of that.

His head tilted a little to one side in thought. "I had planned on it, but I don't need to. I can stay and help here instead." He knew his task was important, but so was this. So was she. So we're they.
appeal wrote:
word count: 159
Appeal
Guest Colorist
Guest Colorist

Forum

Post by Appeal »

"Mmm," was the sound that came out of her mouth as she pondered his answer, leaning her head against Brother Shark as she looked out toward the entrance of the den. She was calculating, and thoughtful, and didn't simply jump to answers... especially when the tribe was at hoof. While the help would be nice, she knew that his trip was too important to reschedule, especially with the season coming to an end. They needed to get these connections and trips done sooner before resources were harder to get and more valuable trade.

"No, I think you should go." She said finally, in a gentle tone as not to sound as though she was pushing him away. "As fond as I am of your presence here, it's too important. The most trips we can squeeze into the season, the better off the tribe will be. The better off we'll be."

The children were a handful but it would get easier as they grew. Perhaps it was time to consider some sort of foalsitting position within the tribe to assist with things now that the tribe was quite large.

"A foalsitter would be good, I may invest some time into finding someone who'd like that role now that the tribe is quite healthy," she said, helping to ease his worries.
Beejoux wrote:
word count: 225
Beejoux
Colorist
Colorist

Forum

Post by Beejoux »

He waited patiently for her to consider before answering. Fisheye wasn't a doe that moved with whimsy and impulse, she was a measured and calculating sort, and she always put the well being of the tribe first. So when she told him she thought it was better he go on with his trip as scheduled the buck wasn't surprised. A little disappointed, but not surprised.

"If you insist," he sighed in an exaggerated way, head dipping so he could nose against the base of her ear. He knew this trek well, he could make it a quick journey.

"That's not a bad idea." Someone dedicated to the role would be very helpful. Shark was finding it personally difficult to juggle multiple clutches of babies at once.

"For now, I can ask Blushing Coral to help. She's patient and attentive. I think she would be very helpful." The doe was still young herself, but Shark had no doubt she could be helpful.
appeal wrote:
word count: 167
Appeal
Guest Colorist
Guest Colorist

Forum

Post by Appeal »

Fisheye studied Brother Shark's response with curiosity. It was nice to know he was as invested personally as he was to the tribe.

"I do hope you'll return soon, though," she added.

She waited a moment, pondering on his suggestion. Blushing Coral seemed like a fine candidate. She was young, eager, patient and attentive. They were all fine qualities of the ideal foalsitter. She didn't disagree, nodding her head along with his suggestion.

"Do you think that would interest her? It would be most helpful."
Beejoux wrote:
word count: 90
Beejoux
Colorist
Colorist

Forum

Post by Beejoux »

"I will be as quick as I am able to be." There were factors far outside his control that could easily delay him, but if the weather allowed, and he ran into no surprises along the way, the trip itself shouldn't be too long. "I don't want to miss this time, when they're small and calm and sweet," he continued with a chuckle.

Foals grew quickly, and it didn't take long at all before they were getting into trouble. With eleven in total all around the same age, Brother Shark knew he'd have his hooves full soon enough.

He nuzzled in against the base of Fisheye's ear, letting his head rest there for long moments. He didnt want to be away from her for long, either.

"I'm sure she would be eager to help. She's excited for foals of her own in the future, this will be good practice for her."
appeal wrote:
word count: 161
Appeal
Guest Colorist
Guest Colorist

Forum

Post by Appeal »

Fisheye agreed with Brother Shark. The foals were in the sweet range where they were small and unable to get into much trouble. They were in need of more protection now than when they'd be able to run, although that provided its own risks so close to the dangers of the sea... but such an upbringing would more than make up for potential risks. It did remind her to get swimming lessons arranged soon before they could run off. They would grow quickly, and as Brother Shark's face nuzzled her ear she appreciated his sacrifice to duty. It was one of the reasons she did find him quite so agreeable.

With a nuzzle back as her head brushed his cheek, she spoke softly. "Some time off, when you return, perhaps. You''ll need it."

Not just to recover from the journey but soon the foals would all be demanding him.

"I will arrange something with her, then, I would not deny her the opportunity to gain crucial experience."

In the dark there was a bit of a smirk on her face but as her cheeks widened, even in the dark, surely he could tell.
Beejoux wrote:
word count: 198
Beejoux
Colorist
Colorist

Forum

Post by Beejoux »

He let his head rest gently against hers, those glowing eyes of his focused down on the sleeping babies. "That would be nice." He didn't mind the traveling, truly he didn't, but he didn't want to miss this time with his new children. He'd missed enough time with his older ones.

"I'll let her know to expect a visit from you, when I see her next." Voice taking on an amused lit as he noticed that smile of her face. The foals were easy enough to keep track of now, but soon, he knew, would be another a story. Blush would have her hooves full.

One of the babies shifted in their sleep, rolling over and yawning before falling still again, and Brother Shark lowered his head to nose gently at their head, a small gesture of affection.

"Should we join then in sleep? They do look very peaceful." And if he were setting out again, he'd want the rest and the time before his journey.
appeal wrote:
word count: 174
Appeal
Guest Colorist
Guest Colorist

Forum

Post by Appeal »

"That is a brilliant idea," she said. She'd sleep soundly knowing he'd be there.
Beejoux wrote:
word count: 18