[prp] I think I might be... [Death Take Me/Born of Death]

All in character interactions and roleplays.
Beejoux
Colorist
Colorist
Pebbles: 2,859.80 Pebbles
Kin Journal: viewtopic.php?t=1272

Forum

Post by Beejoux »

From a very young age Born had always had a sense that they different, or perhaps more. Not a buck, not a doe, but something in between. Neither, or both. they'd never been able to put a word to the feeling, but they knew the truth of it in their core.

Born loved the sweet smelling flowers they could find every so often, for the fluidity it allowed them. It was always a wonderful treat when they could find a bloom or two. A gift.

Lottle did Born know how very generous those flowers could be.

It wasn't something the Zikwa noticed, at first. Starting innocuous enough; their stomach feeling a little more sensitive, being more fatigued than was usual. Moods a little more likely to shift... unexpectedly. It took time for the Zikwa to work out why, and then a bit more time to let the realization settle. Their appetite starting to grow, small belly swelling.

Haven knew something, they noticed. The sanddog had been a bit more over protective as of late, always with them, always watching.

When it was undeniable they knew they needed to let Death know, so they called for the buck one evening. They'd bedded down early, had been doing so for a while now, but their mind was restless.
kuropeco wrote:
word count: 221
rexcorvus
Certist
Certist
Pebbles: 348.46 Pebbles

Forum

Post by rexcorvus »

In the midst of nudging a pile of hay towards his partner, Death paused, eyes flickering over towards the zikwa. Born was settled into their shared space, looking content, and for a few seconds Death felt nothing but a surge of warmth and affection towards them, his own heart a settled, quiet thing. He liked the reminder that they had grown together, that the feelings that had grown were a natural progression, something that had felt inevitable. Death had spoken to his father about Born, too many times to count, and it had only served to solidify Death's feelings.

Now, as Death slowly sank to his knees beside Born, he gently nosed the zikwa's side with the tip of his nose.

"Are you well?" he asked.
Beejoux wrote:
word count: 130
Beejoux
Colorist
Colorist
Pebbles: 2,859.80 Pebbles
Kin Journal: viewtopic.php?t=1272

Forum

Post by Beejoux »

They could of hear him moving nearby, the rustle of hay being shifted around, and pale ears tilted in his direction as they lifted their head and turned it towards him. When he knelt down beside them, nosing affectionately at their side, they couldn't help a soft smile as that now familiar sense of peace and adoration warmed them.

They nosed at his cheek, drew in the comforting scent of his hair before letting out a soft sigh. "I'm alright," they assured, not wanting him to worry. At least not over something needless...

"I think..." It took Born a moment to collect their thoughts, to find the words, and even then, when they spoke their voice was unsure, nervous. "I think there is new life growing inside me." Saying it allowed made it feel more real, sent their ears back, and the thin length of their tail flicked to curl in closer to their body.

"I can feel...movement. Maybe you can hear it?" born nosed his ear again. "My stomach has been feeling uneasy, and I've been so tired," they rambled on, that longering knot of anxiety theyd been carrying tightening now.

They opened their mouth to say more, but stopped themselves, ears angling forward again to listen intently for his reaction.
rexcorvus wrote:
word count: 218