[BRP] What's in a Wish? (Wish Right Now x Serpent of Paradise)

All in character interactions and roleplays.
doomsayer
Pebbles: 1,728.14 Pebbles

Post by doomsayer »

Ever since Wish Right Now emerged from the home of her youth in the subterranean caves, she never really thought about establishing a den on the surface. She mainly survived flitting from den to den, offering the kin that lived there assistance and companionship for a place to stay and food to eat. Most of these encounters resulted in physical intimacy, but she didn't mind. She knew that she was attractive and she found happiness in being wanted.

Throughout her time doing this, she's only really heard about other kin having children. It's never something that really happened to her. She had thought she was barren all this time. Thinking too much on it made her sad, but at the same time she was thankful as it allowed her to maintain this transient lifestyle and get to know more and more kin at a depth that very few kin outside of life mates would know.

So it is a shock to her now that she is experiencing all the symptoms of being with child. Her most recent dalliance is with Like A Prayer, an eager and energetic young buck who seemed genuinely enamored by her. The last thing she thought about while spending her time with him was that their moments together would bear fruit.

Unexpected as it is, she can't say that she isn't happy. Having her own clutch to raise and love is an experience she always thought would be forever out of reach to her. Now all she wants is for her future children to turn out alright. For this, she will travel to seek out those entities she's only heard of in stories; the ascended kin who have been gifted by the Motherfather with the ability to bless the future of her progeny.

It's odd for her to want something for herself when she's mostly given all her life, but to find an ascended is her wish right now.
Last edited by doomsayer on Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total. word count: 331
Beejoux
Colorist
Colorist
Pebbles: 2,859.80 Pebbles
Kin Journal: viewtopic.php?t=1272

Forum

[BRP] What's in a Wish? (Wish Right Now x ???)

Post by Beejoux »

It wouldn't take too terribly long. A bright bird with a thick fan of feathers at their tail chirruped loudly from over head. For long moments it appeared to be circling, dipping lower from time to time until it finally landed on low branch not far from the dark Zikwa.

They eyed the doe keenly, considering, and after a moment it fluttered down. Before their feet reacted the ground they were changing, instead of the bird a doe now stood, with bright colors and bright eyes. She smiled at the Zikwa. "Oh yes, you're definitely who I've been looking for." The call had been strong and nagging.
doomsayer wrote:
word count: 112
doomsayer

Post by doomsayer »

Wish Right Now expected an ascended to be some sort of preternatural kin, but she did not expect one to transform from being a bird! To be honest, she never actually asked what other abilities they may have had. So this process happening before her very eyes filled her with awe.

It took some time before she could compose herself enough to form words to address the colorful doe, and even then the words still came out flustered albeit still in her signature raspy whisper.

"Um, oh my! I'm sorry. Yes. Hello. I am happy to have found you in my time of need. May I know your name?"
Beejoux wrote:
Last edited by doomsayer on Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:41 am, edited 2 times in total. word count: 112
Beejoux
Colorist
Colorist

Forum

Post by Beejoux »

It was always fun to see the sorts of reactions she could get from kin when she changed. Some had seen such things before, having crossed paths with others like her in the past, but some had not. Her smile turned just a touch impish at that surprise and awe, full tail swaying happily at her ankles.

"I'm Serpent of Paradise, and who might you be?" Not everyone felt a need to exchange names, and that was fine with her, but she happily participated in introductions when they were wanted.
doomsayer wrote:
word count: 93
doomsayer

Post by doomsayer »

Wish Right Now half expected there to be some mystical quality to Serpent of Paradise's voice as the latter opened her mouth to speak, but the fact that she spoke in a normal fashion actually put the former at ease.

"Oh, yes! I'm sorry. I am Wish Right Now."

She looks at the Serpent of Paradise realizing that she doesn't really know what to say next.

"I don't really know what the etiquette here is. I was told that kin like you have the ear of the Motherfather and that you could give a blessing to someone who will have children soon. Is it impolite to just directly ask for one? Should I have brought a gift?"
Beejoux wrote:
word count: 123
Beejoux
Colorist
Colorist

Forum

Post by Beejoux »

"it's nice to meet you," she chirped, dipping her head in a little nod. "And don't fret over formalities, you don't have to give gifts for blessings." She paused for just a moment, thinking. "Or at least I don't require gifts, nor the others I've seen for myself for a blessing."

Merry shook her head. It didn't really matter right this moment.

"Anyways, what is it you would want to for your young?"
doomsayer wrote:
word count: 81
doomsayer

Post by doomsayer »

Wish Right Now was relieved. It just dawned on her how strange and mysterious it was to ask a total stranger for something so unpredictable and important as a wish for her children, but Serpent of Paradise being clear and concise about the situation made it so that she didn't feel like she was committing some sort of social atrocity by not knowing how to go about it.

"I was never really a good hunter or homemaker, and that affected a lot of decisions I had to make. It also dictated my current lifestyle.

I'd like for my children to grow up with more choices in the matter. The ability to fend for themselves and put up a home that they could call their own. I'd like for them to be healthy and happy and not turn out a vagabond like their mother."

Putting her insecurities into words nearly has Wish Right Now in tears, but she knew that such was the life she lead and that it wasn't a life that she wished on her young.

With her voice shaking slightly, she looks Serpent of Paradise in the eyes and humbly asks, "I hope that all isn't too much to ask."
Beejoux wrote:
word count: 209
Beejoux
Colorist
Colorist

Forum

Post by Beejoux »

The doe was quiet for a moment, taking everything Wish had just told her and trying to condense it down into a single concise request. Then she nodded, mostly to herself.

"May your children be blessed with independence and intuition to help guide them along their way, so that they may have the tools needed to forge their own paths." Yes, that seemed to cover it all well enough, she thought.

She flashed Wish another of those bright and friendly smiles. The zikwa doe still seemed nervous, or maybe intimidated, Merry wasn't sure which. "It'll be okay," she added. "I know it seems scary, and big, and different. But it'll be okay."
doomsayer wrote:
word count: 117
doomsayer

Post by doomsayer »

Wish Right Now was expecting some sort of mystical light or fanfare as Serpent of Paradise gave the blessing, but all that came with it was a slight sense of relief. With the latter's assurances, Wish released the breath she had been holding.

"I shall be forever grateful for this blessing you've given to my children today. I know this is our first meeting, but I would like you to consider me a friend. Call on me if you are ever in need and I shall do all I can to repay your kindness."

Wish Right Now is now looking forward to having a clutch equipped with all the tools for a good future. It's time for her to go back to Like A Prayer and share the good news.
word count: 133