[B] Cold hearts [ Wasted Flattery & ??? ]

All in character interactions and roleplays.
Beejoux
Colorist
Colorist
Pebbles: 2,859.80 Pebbles
Kin Journal: viewtopic.php?t=1272

Forum

Post by Beejoux »

The spindly doe sighed audibly. Obviously she'd known this could happen, she wasn't a foal, but it hadn't felt like a solid possibility, not until it was very solid, and very real, and now here she was in a predicament she hadn't anticipated nor planned for.

It was a lot, and the doe felt overwhelmed by things to come. Hoping a walk would help, she'd set out early, the crisp, chilly air cooling her lungs with every breath. Flattery had always liked the cold...

She didn't know where she was going, but that was fine. She just needed to think, get her head on straight.
word count: 111
peanutbutter
Pebbles: 533.92 Pebbles

Forum

Post by peanutbutter »

Dusk fluttered down to the ground, taking a moment to shake his wings out before he took a glance around. He had felt a draw to the area, and had cut his flight short to come down, but hadn't spotted quite what had called him.

Giving himself another shake, Dusk decided to take a walk then - it would give him a chance to find what had called him, and give himself a chance to rest before returning back to his travel. Clear on his plan, he turned, took a few steps, and then immediately found his plan complete as he spotted a pale zikwa.

Yet, there was always a chance it hadn't been them (assumptions, as he had long found out, were incredibly foolish), and he turned a curious glowing eye upon them, head cocked as he considered their form.
Beejoux wrote:
word count: 144
Beejoux
Colorist
Colorist

Forum

Post by Beejoux »

She startled when she saw him; clearly lost in her own thoughts until she had wandered very nearly into his personal space. "Oh, I'm sorry." He was watching her, and she wasn't sure why, but it had her brows drawing in, not yet annoyed, but it wouldn't take much to push her over. It never really did, and certainly not now, not wish everything she had on her mind.

"Can I help you?" Her tone was borderline sharp, like she was trying very hard to stay polite.
peanutbutter wrote:
word count: 92
peanutbutter

Forum

Post by peanutbutter »

Well, that had certainly been the fastest Dusk had been discovered, although it wasn't without good cause. His (probably a little bit creepy) staring had indeed confirmed the doe was who he was looking for and so without much fanfare (but a bit of uneasiness), he shifted back into his stag form.

"You're the one I've been looking for."

And immediately shoved his hoof into his mouth. He took a moment to try to find a less creepy sentence, and tried again. "You're expecting. Children, I mean."

Yep, that was enough of an explanation for the moment. He decided to stop talking and hope the doe wouldn't take too much offense at the bluntness. Well, not every interaction could be a winner.
Beejoux wrote:so like, hes not always stupid, but.
word count: 136
Beejoux
Colorist
Colorist

Forum

Post by Beejoux »

The Doe's eyes widened at that, then widened further at his declaration. He wasn't wrong, she was expecting, but the bluntness of his words were a surprise. Everything shed heard of kin touched by the presence of the Motherfather had painted them as something close to mythic. Heightened, refined, magical.

This buck seemed very normal. Yet, here he was. If not for the change from bird to buck, she'd have no idea.

"Er, yes. I am." Kin like him, they were supposed to do something, assist somehow, weren't they? "Are you going to help me?"
peanutbutter wrote:
word count: 101
peanutbutter

Forum

Post by peanutbutter »

It was a kindness that the doe didn't yell at him to leave after that stunning display, and Dusk relaxed a little at her (rightfully) baffled but at least accepting question. Perhaps he could turn this whole situation around.

Dusk nodded at her question, drawing up some confidence to his posture so he could stand tall and straight. "I'm Dusk Wave and I can offer you a blessing for your future children, if you would like."

That was a normal and a succinct and easy summary of it. Perfect. Absolutely no fumbling to be found from this stag.
Beejoux wrote:
word count: 102
Beejoux
Colorist
Colorist

Forum

Post by Beejoux »

It seemed simple enough, and straightforward. Flattery nodded at the offer, approving of his willingness. "Yes, I would appreciate that." Not knowing what to expect from expecting, it seemed a good pursuit.

She gave a little thoughtful hum. "How does this work?"
peanutbutter wrote:
word count: 44
peanutbutter

Forum

Post by peanutbutter »

Dusk gave the doe a smile, feeling like he was on steadier ground. This was more familiar an area for him, easier to navigate than being social.

"It's rather simple. When you think of your future children, tell me what you desire for them, both now and in the future. In turn, I'll incorporate those wishes into a blessing for your, which will pass onto your children. It isn't an exact thing - but it does help."
Beejoux wrote:
word count: 81
Beejoux
Colorist
Colorist

Forum

Post by Beejoux »

She eyed the buck dubiously for a moment before her shoulders moved with a little shrug. There was nothing to lose by trying.

"I would wish them to be healthy and strong, both in body and in mind." Confidence could carry a kin to many places.
peanutbutter wrote:
word count: 48
peanutbutter

Forum

Post by peanutbutter »

Dusk nodded at her words and took a moment to think, making sure that he had everything worded exactly as he wanted.

"May your children be healthy and strong, with ability to take on the world with no fear for what it holds, kin or creature." He thought for a moment longer, then added, "And may you yourself have safe travels."

With that handled, Dusk took the moment to then shift back to his crane form and fly off. The blessing was over and he was able to return to his flight - his dignity damaged but at least it was likely he would never see the doe again.
Beejoux wrote:
word count: 110
Beejoux
Colorist
Colorist

Forum

Post by Beejoux »

Her ears perked at the blessing, it sounded like he'd hit all the important points she'd been hoping forz and he'd even said a little something for her as well, which he didn't have to.

She opened her mouth to thank him, but the buck turned, changing back to the crane so he could take off again. Flattery closed her mouth instead, hoping he knew, at least, she was grateful.
peanutbutter wrote: finished!
word count: 77