[Bless] Changing Tides [Reef/Serpent of Paradise]

All in character interactions and roleplays.
Ruriska
Legendary
Legendary
Pebbles: 4,115.00 Pebbles

Forum

Post by Ruriska »

Reef was normally a solitary doe. She had spent the majority of her life following the shoreline, sometimes meeting other kin but always leaving them behind after a brief hello, moving off down the sand, following the tides and the rockpools. She would follow the shore and the cliffs until the ache told her to go no further and then she would turn around and go back again, following a familiar path.

But when the night had settled on the swamp with alarming longevity, she had found herself alone in the dark and something in her heart changed.

And so she met the buck and found solace.

But eventually the sun returned and so did she to wandering the sea's edge. Only to realize that something else changed, had taken root in her belly and was beginning to grow. New life.

As she contemplated her new state, Reef dug her hooves into the sand and watched the water rush in and out. Birds cried and swooped in the wind.

And she knew her world would soon be changed forever.
Last edited by Ruriska on Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 180
Beejoux
Colorist
Colorist
Pebbles: 2,859.80 Pebbles
Kin Journal: viewtopic.php?t=1272

Forum

[Bless] Changing Tides [Reef/???]

Post by Beejoux »

A thrill sounded from the trees past the coastline, and a moment after a colorful bird swooped from the tangle of branches to approach the doe as she followed the coastline. She looked a songbird, but not quite like the others that lived throughout the swamp and surrounding area, the bright fan of her tail making her stick out.

She circled a time or two, watching the blue doe keenly, then fluttered towards the beach grass.

Where the bird had been a pale doe with vivid hair appeared, and she smiled brightly to the other kimeti. "Hello. I don't see many kin out this way." Not recently, at least, and before that she wouldn't know.
ruriska wrote:
word count: 119
Ruriska
Legendary
Legendary

Forum

Post by Ruriska »

Reef paid the bird little mind at first. She simply presumed that she had wandered a little too close to a nest and now one of the parents was making sure she wasn’t in the mood for snacking on an egg or hatchling. It wouldn’t be the first time she’d been swooped by seabirds protecting their young.

Reef slightly turned her head to idly watch the bird, impressed by the colours on show, as it glided down towards the grass. She was still only barely interested... until something else popped up where the bird had been. A kin. Clearly connected. The same colours, the same... vibe?

“Oh,” Reef said. The water rushed up the sand and lapped at her hooves.

It was polite to answer questions, she chided herself after the long silence.

“Yes, I suppose most kin would choose an easier life inland.”

She had heard of legendaries, of course.

But hearing about it was very different from seeing one in person.

Was she meant to bow?

A little belatedly, she added, “Hello.”
Beejoux wrote:
word count: 179
Beejoux
Colorist
Colorist

Forum

Post by Beejoux »

Merry smiled, warm and friendly, as she made her way over to the other doe. She didn't have a name for the sense she was getting, the subtle pull, but it was definitely there.

"You'd be surprised. Further on there's an entire tribe of costal dwelling kin that make their home along the beaches of a pretty little cove." The pale doe tipped her head further down the coast. She wasn't sure how far it was to walk, but she'd seen it as she explored from the skies. It seemed a fun place to visit.

"You seem like you've got something big on the mind," she noted a little more softly. "Are you okay?"
ruriska wrote:
word count: 122
Ruriska
Legendary
Legendary

Forum

Post by Ruriska »

Reef considered the question carefully, her head dipping slightly, ears flicking back.

“You are a chosen of the MotherFather. I am debating the level of obedience required when meeting someone so distinguished,” she answered slowly. “Although, you don’t seem the type to stand on ceremony.”

Reef finally stepped back from the water, turning her body to face the other kin. A smile appeared, tentative and slow, but a smile nonetheless. “I have seen that tribe. I’ve walked past them a few times but I’m not usually one for extended company so I never made contact.”

She cleared her throat, imagining the other knew very well what could be on her mind. They had powers, did they not?

“Although, I suppose that is soon to change.” She sighed. “I am okay, just doubting whether my lifestyle will allow for motherly instincts.”
Beejoux wrote:
word count: 145
Beejoux
Colorist
Colorist

Forum

Post by Beejoux »

The pale doe gave a surprised blink before shaking her head. "No obedience needed at all, and if there's respect to be had, I would rather it be earned through action or manner." It made her wonder if there were other kin so blessed that did use their station to hold power. It wasn't a pleasant thought.

The matter at hand was a better thing to focus on, new life was a blessing in itself.

"I think you'll find that instinct will direct you're lifestyle." It had been true enough for her, at least. "It does not have to change completely. You may even find you enjoy having travel companions on your wanderings."
ruriska wrote:
word count: 119
Ruriska
Legendary
Legendary

Forum

Post by Ruriska »

She was a nice doe. A good choice to carry the MotherFather’s will.

Reef’s anxiety hadn’t yet settled but she was someone who followed her instinct and her heart, so it seemed foolish to stop trusting that now. She would simply have to see what happened and move with the waves.

If her offspring were anything like her, they would be well suited to beach wandering life.

“Perhaps I will,” she allowed, nodding her agreement. “Thank you.”
Beejoux wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:51 am
word count: 89
Beejoux
Colorist
Colorist

Forum

Post by Beejoux »

Merry knew she could wipe away all the doe's worries, but she hoped perhaps she could find a small measure of comfort from them. Of course, only time would tell how things would play out.

The pale doe hummed, thoughtful, and then her ears perked. She couldn't take the doe's worries, but she could do something else. "If you could wish anything for them, what would it be?"
ruriska wrote:
word count: 73
Ruriska
Legendary
Legendary

Forum

Post by Ruriska »

“Oh.” That was a big question. “Freedom, I suppose. To follow their instincts wherever they will, to be their own tide.” She smiled. “Something like that.”
Beejoux wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:41 am
word count: 35
Beejoux
Colorist
Colorist

Forum

Post by Beejoux »

The pale doe smiled again, a knowing sort of smile, and then nodded. "Alright. Then I will bless your babes with the confidence and bravery to follow their instincts, to live their own lives," she declared, eyes closing as she stood a little straighter.

She reached for that connection she felt with the Motherfather, let herself to a conduit for that magic.
ruriska wrote:
word count: 64