[b] a surprise in the storm.

All in character interactions and roleplays.
lolternative
Patron
Patron
Pebbles: 536.36 Pebbles

Post by lolternative »

The weather had cleared by the time the buck set out on his journey. For days, storms had raged and many had sought shelter together. He was certain he wasn't the only one who had a.. surprise.. revealed as the skies cleared.

Like most, he set off with a particular ending to this journey - he may not be the best father but this he could do.
word count: 67
peanutbutter
Pebbles: 533.92 Pebbles

Forum

Post by peanutbutter »

Dusk Wave hummed to himself lightly as he made his way through the swamp, mood much improved by the clear weather that had finally come in. He didn't dislike storms or the rain that followed, but there was a distinct pleasure to be had to travel through the swamp dry. Or, well, mostly dry - there was still many a muddy puddle underfoot, but Dusk had long grown used to that. If he was adverse to water and being wet, he certainly would not be part of the Cres.

As it was, he let his travel meander, already feeling a tug towards somewhere. He was supposed to be doing a scouting rotation, but it wouldn't be a problem if he let himself go off track for a moment. He pushed his way through a bush and stepped into a clearing, eyes searching for whoever he was feeling the call from.
lolternative wrote:
word count: 153
lolternative
Patron
Patron

Post by lolternative »

The kio buck took pause as the buck stepped out into the clearing before him. His mouth was frozen in a small circle of surprise before it snapped shut with a click. His attention shifted to the supplies he had almost prepared to bring in his journey, thinking it would be long and arduous but he decided against burdening himself - opting instead to forage as he travelled.

As it was, any preparations he made would've been entirely useless as he'd barely been on his journey for a full morning.

He was also surprised to find the kin not in it's animal form as most were want to do - which made finding them somewhat difficult.

"Hello," he said by way of greeting, clearing his throat in an attempt to dislodge the nerves that made his voice quiver. "I believe you might be who I'm looking for.."
word count: 149
peanutbutter

Forum

Post by peanutbutter »

So this was indeed the source of the draw. Dusk nodded back, pleased with being able to find them quickly - perhaps he wouldn't be drawn away from his patrol route as long as he thought. Still, the buck before him sounded nervous, and Dusk hoped that he wouldn't be too intimidating, which would probably be helped if he actually bothered to speak.

"Hello," He greeted back, his voice a pleasant rumble, "Are you seeking a blessing?"

It was likely the course of action but he still never assumed. That always led to trouble.
lolternative wrote:
word count: 97
lolternative
Patron
Patron

Post by lolternative »

Lightning took a deep breath, calming his racing heart beat and nodded his head.
"Yes," he said, sounding much more relaxed. "It was quite unexpected..," he started. "I'm not entirely sure I'm ready to be a father, let alone a good one.."

He paused for a moment, gathering himself. "I figured a blessing is something I can do right and might help make up for my shortcomings."
word count: 69
peanutbutter

Forum

Post by peanutbutter »

Ah, unexpected children. Dusk was quite familiar with the feeling - his own first had been an unplanned delight, and while he quite enjoyed fatherhood and all its tribulations now, at the time he had been quite panicked. He was no stranger to that feeling of worry, although the buck before him seemed a little more than just worried. It wasn't Dusk's place to judge, nor his inclination, but perhaps he could ease that a bit.

"You're already thinking far more than I was. With my first group, I didn't even think to get them a blessing," Dusk replied, thinking back to when he had been so excited and nervous for his own first. He couldn't remember much except for his feelings - maybe their mother had gotten the blessing? It didn't matter too much, in the grand scheme of it all. They were healthy and happy as far as he knew, and that was all he could ask for.

But back to the task on hand, he gave the buck a considerate look, his head tilted for a moment before he finally spoke. "What do you desire for your children?"
word count: 195