[B] Moonlit Meeting (Halo x Hush)

All in character interactions and roleplays.
Owlsomniac
Legendary
Legendary
Pebbles: 1,209.12 Pebbles

Forum

[B] Moonlit Meeting (Halo x Hush)

Post by Owlsomniac »

Halo is going to be a mother again. She's hardly showing at all yet, but she knows the signs well by now. It's been some time since the last, and she finds herself excited, already, to meet them and watch them grow up with their siblings. Her heart is full, and when she tells Tender Home the news and sees the joy in his eyes, as always, that joy bursts and overflows.

It's a full moon when she sets out to look, in hope, for one that will bless her children.

For a long time, Hush feared the dark, and she still refuses to venture out most nights when the moon is less than half full. Tonight, however, the moon is fat and bright in the sky, and her mongoose eyes see very well in the dark. Like this, small and sleek and fast, she rushes through the mangrove forests, snapping up moths and laughing to herself. She is feeling playful tonight.

Then, a sort of tug in the soul of herself as she senses one in need nearby. She pauses her frolicking, ears twitching, and scampers away in a new direction. When the doe crosses her path, Hush knows, as always, what is needed. She chirps, curious, and waits upon a large mossy rock before the doe.

It is Halo's first time seeking one of the kin blessed by the swamp, and it takes her a moment to recognize the mongoose for what she is. The glowing eyes give it away. She's never seen a mongoose, or any other creature, with eyes that glow like that except the kin.

"Hello," she says, as the mongoose tilts its head and chirps at her again. Halo smiles and steps closer. "You're very pretty as a mongoose. I, well... My name is Halo. I came looking for one such as you. I don't know whether you can help me, but..."

She's always been a little shy. Not with Tender Home or her family, but strangers and especially ones such as this - well.

Taking pity, Hush allows her incorporeal form to show as she steps around the rock, a ghostly visage that makes no sound, at first, but becomes more solid with every step. Finally, she stands there, herself, the mongoose on the rock now a pale shade, and smiles. Halo stares, dumbstruck by awe and blinks at the zikwa before her.

"Hello, Halo. I am Don't Make a Sound, but you may call me Hush. I've felt your need. I can grant you what you wish. However, I would ask that you tell me your thoughts aloud, that I might know your heart." Her voice is throaty, but soft, her eyes and face full of gentleness, and Halo relaxes, smiling tentatively in turn.

"I only want them to be healthy, and happy. They will be fiercely loved, and will always have a home with their family, but I can't help but worry all the same."

"It's a mother's due, to worry," Hush says, knowingly.

Halo nods, laughing briefly. Yes - that's very true!

"Yes... And so, I hoped to find one such as yourself that might grant me some peace of mind. To give them the best start possible. Can you...?"

Hush smiles again and steps closer. The zikwa is tall, and Halo has ever been small for a kimeti, despite her slight plumpness. She finds herself looking up slightly to maintain her gaze. Then closes her eyes as Hush touches her nose, very gently, to Hush's forehead.

"May your journey through this path of motherhood be full of easy joy, and your children healthy and strong, bolstered by their mother's love." Hush says the words, and steps quietly away again. Her voice fades as her form does, as she retreats behind the rock once more.

"Enjoy the evening, for the moon is full and the night is alive."

"Th-thank you!" Halo says, eyes a bit wide. She watches the mongoose as it becomes more than a shadow once more, then shakes its fur - her, fur, she corrects herself - before scampering off into the night once more.

She stays there a little while longer, still feeling the phantom touch of the zikwa's cool nose pressed to her forehead. Finally, missing the warmth of her den and Tender Home at her side, she travels home to tell him all about it.
word count: 745