The PW is: g o a t

If you're new to the forum, introduce yourself here to get to know the other members.
Syrie
Pebbles: 286.32 Pebbles
Kin Journal: https://matope.pixel-blueberry.com/foru ... php?t=2982

Post by Syrie »

Salutations all, I'm Syrie. I've been going by Syrie since halos were a 'donation' item on Gaia (2003) and I'm not new to Matope but new-ish to the forum community here. You can call me Sy, or Pouf to those that know, or hey buddy. I'm a government contractor with the USPS (please don't send coins through regular post, they come out my machine at mach-fsk and put holes in whatever they hit >>;; ) and have a single cat. Her name is Gorb and she's brilliantly stupid in all the best ways.

I don't really collect much of anything anymore, but I suppose I'm sort of active in Stygians?

My only hobbies right now (because of work) are sleeping, making sure my caffeine content is high enough to kill an elephant, and my cat. I'm super boring at this point but uh...some of you know me already so. x3

Hi. I'm here, lol.
word count: 165
Kiwi Squirt Bottle
Guest Colorist
Guest Colorist
Pebbles: 1,165.84 Pebbles

Post by Kiwi Squirt Bottle »

Hello new friend, and welcome back to the swamp! Thanks for the info about mailing coins - I hadn't considered that a problem before. TIL. I love your Gorb already - if you Discord, you should join us there for a lot of chatter, various non-swamp conversations, and maybe most importantly a GorbPet show off thread.
word count: 56
Syrie

Post by Syrie »

Kiwi Squirt Bottle wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 2:08 pm Hello new friend, and welcome back to the swamp! Thanks for the info about mailing coins - I hadn't considered that a problem before. TIL. I love your Gorb already - if you Discord, you should join us there for a lot of chatter, various non-swamp conversations, and maybe most importantly a GorbPet show off thread.
Aw, thank you for the warm welcome! There's actually a lot of things we see regularly that shouldn't be mailed (I could make a book about it) -- though I will say the most amusing thing to come from the machines was a Kraft Single. Someone put a stamp and an address on it and...we had to mail it. :D

Gorb is worthy of so much love and I shall definitely show her off in the channel. :3
word count: 146
Aria Starstone
Pebbles: 14.86 Pebbles

Post by Aria Starstone »

I welcomed you back in Discord and I welcome you back here (even if I'm slow and it's been almost 10 days). Love you, old friend. It's so good to have you around again.

Also deffo keep us up to date on the insane things your sorting machine spits out, it sounds amusing.
word count: 56
Syrie

Post by Syrie »

Aria Starstone wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 2:03 am I welcomed you back in Discord and I welcome you back here (even if I'm slow and it's been almost 10 days). Love you, old friend. It's so good to have you around again.

Also deffo keep us up to date on the insane things your sorting machine spits out, it sounds amusing.
Omg, Aria :D ILU too dear; thank you for the warm welcome back~

Fam last Friday a SOCK came through my machine. A single flipping sock. I am still not over it, ROFLMAO. I could tell you guys about so many crazy things that come across my machine...you'd be amazed what people will send and what will (and wont make it. @___@;;
word count: 128
fluo
Swampmaster
Swampmaster
Pebbles: 1,661.28 Pebbles

Forum

Post by fluo »

This is a fantastic introduction. Welcome back!
word count: 7
Lirilei
Herald
Herald
Pebbles: 6,105.00 Pebbles

Forum

Post by Lirilei »

Welcome back around Syrie!
word count: 4
Aria Starstone
Pebbles: 14.86 Pebbles

Post by Aria Starstone »

Syrie wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 3:17 am
Aria Starstone wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 2:03 am I welcomed you back in Discord and I welcome you back here (even if I'm slow and it's been almost 10 days). Love you, old friend. It's so good to have you around again.

Omg, Aria :D ILU too dear; thank you for the warm welcome back~

Fam last Friday a SOCK came through my machine. A single flipping sock. I am still not over it, ROFLMAO. I could tell you guys about so many crazy things that come across my machine...you'd be amazed what people will send and what will (and wont make it. @___@;;
<333333333

Ok but was the sock stamped and addressed properly though?
word count: 148
Syrie

Post by Syrie »

Lirilei wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 11:26 am Welcome back around Syrie!
Thank you~ :3 It really is nice to be back, even if I'm terrible at remembering to log in and do things here, I'm better at remembering to check the Discord! (It doesn't help gaining pebbles, but that's okay, lmao!)
fluo wrote:
I appreciate the warm welcome, it's so good to be around :3333
Aria Starstone wrote:
Sadly, no the sock was not addressed properly at all. It was just a lone, roving sock. It got wrapped around one of the 'gates' (industrial plastic hoof-looking things that send the mail running along one of two tracks) and stopped EVERYTHING. It was gloriously bad. Not sure if it was a sock from a package that just...got torn open (and we'll end up pairing it someday) or if it was a sock that someone in-plant took off and then uh...lost. In which case it will probably never find it's owner (who's gonna own up to losing a sock and stopping the mail?) and then be securely destroyed.
word count: 190