22 Feb 20, 15:33 PM » Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Matope

Please login or register.

Author Topic: [Open] Winter Solstice - Fortune Telling  (Read 391 times)

Baneful

Re: [Open] Winter Solstice - Fortune Telling
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2020, 06:48:28 PM »
Deceiver smiled very sweetly, filing the information away for later the keen way he always did. "I think there is always room in the court for those with a will to seek out a place here. Half the qualifiying to be here is found in the joining itself." he shivered a little in the cold and gave her a bright curious look for her question.

"Oh I think it's safe to say that those furs were always destined to keep two warm rather than just the one today."

And he daintily turned and headed back to his cosy little bower, tail kicking up invitingly behind him.

@Scaramouche Fandango

Baneful

« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2020, 07:13:55 PM »
L i n k -- t o -- c a r ds
Deceiver was most pleased by the many kin who were stopping by his humble services to see what their path would contain in the coming year. He was only too happy to look for them too, finding that every single one had a different story to tell, a different past, a different present and always a very different future. The tribe didn't have many totoma and he was always very facinated by them, finding their sturdy shape and dangerous horns attractive and exotic in their way.

"Let's have a look at your path." he said sweetly, moving over to look at the indentation in the snow. It was different than the others he'd run into so far and he leaned in close to examine it.

"Oh your past is most interesting, this symbol here is the forest lovers, it is the two kin who most represent love in all its forms. Spring too, springs past. They say that you had a loving history, perhaps a family, perhaps close friends, that you come from a place that will give you strength and a foundation to build upon into the present. It is a good omen, and a good past to have, I'm almost jealous." he smiled with sharp white teeth.

"Now, onwards, ever onwards to your present day shall we?" He nodded "Ah-ha, here we have the ever beautiful and sinuous swan, the queen of arrows. She is a symbol of change, and a warning that in your present there will be suffering, but for a reason. Her story is a tragic one, and so might yours be if you are not vigilant. Whatever changes are happening to you now, you must endure them because there is a future waiting for you. You must face everything with grace and logic and never let your emotions control you."

He moved to look at the end of the indentation in the snow and raised a brow slightly. "Oh it will be a difficult journey for you." he said. "Your future is showing me the raven and the plucked clean skull of the fallen kin, the ultimate symbol of cessation and change. This symbol many might interpret as death, but stupid kin who cannot read the signs would say it meant that you were going to die. That is not what it means. Here and now this symbol means that there will be an end to old ideas you had and an inevitable rebirth into a new way of life, into something different than you've known. You come from love, and it will be love that sees you through these difficult times."

He looked back to Protects. "But, from what I have heard, all Totoma have the utmost endurance in them down to the bone, no?"

@Dawns_Stars145

Baneful

« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2020, 07:32:03 PM »

It was always curious to see how each kin approached the leap in the snow, it said a great deal about them and always seemed to factor in some way in the way the reading ultimately panned out. The next kin who came to him was curious and he watched them lay in the snow for a time while others heckled them. Blindness was interesting, it often heightened other senses and sharpened other perceptions. He did not dismiss those kin with disabilities set against them.

"Let me have a look at your path." he said, and it was an odd one, rendered such by the way he'd lay in one place, setting it apart from the imprints the others had left.

"Your past first of all, as you might imagine is one fraught with frustration. This symbol is that of a kin fleeing a hunting predator who stumbles in their pursuit, angry that they cannot strike true. I am not at all surprised that this is the path you have come from, I can imagine that your past was one of difficulty in doing things others might deem easy. This particular shape warns against letting that become all you are and insists upon keeping a calm head as you move forward. It also speaks of pain, of suffering endured, but as it is behind you now, it is time to move on."

He made his way to the second shape he could see in the outline.

"The next symbol in your outline is  a complex one, there is a skull here, but many scattered objects around it. It is a symbol of mourning, of taking stock of what has gone past and moving on, once again this fortune warns you to let go of what has gone before. It also warns, as the gifts indicate to be careful what you wish for going forward. Slow down and think about things before you make brash choices, you are allowed to dwell for a time in the present, this symbol allows that for you. When you do choose to move along into your future, let us see what lies there for you."

He moved to the end, not bothering to point out the shapes with his bad leg, aware the other kin couldn't see them. Instead he laughed. "Oh this one is not very good for you either." he said. "This is jealousy. The heart struck and bleeding. Another warning for you I'm afaid, it warns of the potential for a future where you become bitter and fixed upon what other people have, it warns you against becoming something dark and unpleasant. It is not a very pleasant symbol to receive, but I think in your case it is simply a reminder that you came from pain and there will be pain once again in your future, but that you cannot let it define you."

He patted the other kin on the shoulder. "I think you seem stronger than others might give you credit for, friend."
@Lirilei

Baneful

« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2020, 07:34:15 PM »

Deceiver  moved onto the next kin waiting on their fortune, looking over Seeing Red with an approving air, she was truly impressive with stark colours and an intimidating set of horns. "Let's rather appropriately begin in the past and see where this path brought you from."

Moving to the indent, he turned his head this way and that, making certain what he was looking at before nodding. "This is a symbol of stones, the smooth edges marking it out specifically to the trained eye. This is interesting, this particular symbol speaks of the earth and the natural world, highlighting that perhaps more than most you have always been mindful of the swamp and of the creatures who live therein. It can also mean a time of plenty, hinting at your past being close to bounty."

He curiously moved to the next shape he could make out. "The hare." he said. "This is in your present, it is an uncertain sign, it can mean a person you know, someone popular and dedicated, someone who always takes your side. It can also mean you yourself displaying those traits as a friend. What concerns me is that the hare is inverse here, it is a warning not to force yourself to be too extroverted and tire yourself out, to remain your authentic self."

Tilting his head at the next he smiled. "But it looks like there will be great joy in your future if you do, this is the three cranes, they celebrate friends and family, energy in a group and happiness with others. It promises that you will find drive and pleasure in the company of others and together you will light the way to a truly enviable future. A wonderful symbol to receive and a pleasant portent for the future."

He smiled "I hope it's what you were hoping for."

@Naberius

Lirilei

« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2020, 07:53:18 PM »
{alt}
Follow listened intently to Deceiver's words, a smile playing over his lips as he thought back to his time at the Mothers Club, trying to tell stories to the foals to entertain them, and how naughty they were. So frustratingly naughty...and how many kindhearted kin had come to his aid in one way or another to deal with them. It was true, it was not easy being blind, but he got around surprisingly well most of the time. But, certain things like minding foals was definitely hard.

Listening to the next portion his head tipped a little. Let go. Alright, well that was probably not too hard, right? He hoped so, anyhow. What did he wish for? Not much. A friend, perhaps. He didn't really know, he was pretty used to going about things on his own, really. Company of some sort could be nice though right? Possibly.

Hearing that he could become jealous he ducked his head and there was a soft "Only thing I can think of, would be due to my lack of sight...but I'm used to that. So hopefully that's not the case." and he'd make sure it wouldn't be the case now too. He took a deep breath and let it out softly. A life of pain. Alright. He could live with that. He'd have to, by the sounds of things.

The touch to his shoulder startled him, but he ducked his head again. "Thank you. It was interesting." it really was. He carefully moved away  from him, and past the line of waiting kin, almost bumping into bright colored kio he couldn't see, only felt as he nearly hit him, a soft "Sorry.." as he moved past Song and kept going.

@Baneful @Izaeah

« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2020, 03:31:02 AM »
While wandering the grounds Fights Like Bullfrog- or Bullfrog as most called him- found himself at a moment of indecision. This type of thing was sort of rare for him; to be indecisive, but this Totoma was curious. In all the time that he was alive, he had heard of 'those who saw what others did not'. In his particular little tribe they had called them 'Eyes that see past what is seen'. He had never met any in all his days but he had never really doubted them. Many spoke of their songs of future triumph or future failure. Of how to avoid a certain outcome or who would be met in battle. Years ago it was sang that he would win a battle but would lose a limb. This his mother had told him when he was but a young buckling.

He was much older now and that battle had come and gone. His right hind leg was left such a mangled mess that most of his tribe was sure that he'd die. They left him to the wilderness yet he had returned alive and healing but with the bottom third of his leg missing. It took even longer for the ache to ease. But that was a story for another time. Here the 'Eyes' were not of Totoma but of Acha. Achas...were well... interesting to say the least.

For a long time moment he found himself staring curiously. Perhaps...just perhaps he too lost it in battle... In which case he is very bold for following through with it even though he must have seen it coming or he was very bad at what he does...Do Achas even battle? And this one was sort of smallish.. No matter. This doesn't matter. Bullfrog took in a deep breath and sighed before making his way into the booth.

"Let us see what you see."

He muttered rather unenthusiastically. (although he was quite enthusiastic and interested) He threw himself into the drift of snow before rolling to his feet and hopping out of it with a single precise leap. A slight tilt of his head as he looked down at it.

"Hm..." All that he could see was dents in the snow. That wasn't really unexpected. He was called Fights Like Bullfrog afterall. Seeing past seeing was not his forte. Still he couldn't see how this kin could make anything of it. Hesitantly and quietly he asks glancing from one to the other settling on Deceiver.

"Is it ...anything?"

Show me the future!
I would like to claim my ticket! I know I can only do this once!

Baneful

« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2020, 11:21:46 AM »

Gifted was helping to manage the waiting kin, but Deceiver made his way to the next one in search of his readings, giving him a smile as he looked over the print left behind by Song's body.

"I can tell already this one is interesting." he said, because he could see right away that everything was completely inverse, past present and future. This was unusual and spoke of a kin who was destined for trials. Sometimes though trials were enviable, they made a stronger creature and built resilient character.

"Firstly I can see that your past holds the Sun. Upside down as it is, it tells that perhaps your childhood was more serious than most, that your playful side was suppressed a little, perhaps by responsibility to others, perhaps simply because of where you lived. Either way this symbol is never negative, even flipped, all things are temporary and the obstacles of your past were overcome into the present. The main warning this symbol brings is not aiming too highly or too optimistically when you are free of that responsibility."

Deceiver genuinely enjoyed the more negative readings because they always hinted at exciting things to come, even if that excitement brought trials.

"Next is the hearthfire, the warmth of companionship and family. However inversed as it is in the present it warns of stagnation, resisting change that must happen. It warns you are lingering too long by the fire, that you will find yourself delayed or perhaps even that you will be delayed somehow by outside means. Either way as it is, it is a symbol of stagnation or holding off, wether that is by choice or by force is up to you to interpret in your own circumstances. You must ask yourself what you are waiting on."

Moving along, he settled at the end of the path in the snow.

"This is the ancestor, one of the major symbols and a potent one. She waits in your future and in this context reminds you that you must draw upon yourself to succeed and not permit yourself to be too swayed by the beliefs or opinions of others. Even if this takes you against tradition or friends, this is what must be done. Challenge the things you are told to do and question tradition The ancestor is also the most deeply in tune with the spirits and the world beyond, she normally represents all of those things, but interestingly inverted like this, she is telling you to focus instead on our world and how you can change it."

He lowered his head in a friendly bow. "Enjoy the rest of the festival friend."

@Izaeah

Baneful

« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2020, 12:06:48 PM »

The next acha in line had some of the most fabulous hair Deceiver had ever seen and an attitude to match. He was immediately interested in her and what her path might read.

"Let us see what the snow has to say." he replied to her cheerily, mirroring back just a little of her cheer.

"Your past is interesting." he said. "Inverted, it is the symbol of rebirth, and tells me of a past which was fraught with indecision, perhaps it was due to simply drifting and being wary of commitment, perhaps you've just always been restless. The opposite of rebirth is stagnation and in some ways a lack of contentment. Rebirth is change which moves forward with intention and direction, this is the opposite, moving but staying in one place, without meaning and an idea where you are going.

At least, that is what your past tells me. I'd ask yourself if you could stand to find a direction and commit to it."

He moved onto the present.

"In the present you have stumbled upon a very powerful symbol, that of the shaman, the walker between worlds who looks into the wild in you and asks difficult questions. He too is inverse and like your first symbol asks you to challenge stagnation. Perhaps there is success or progress that you cannot see, maybe what you wanted isn't what you really need."

He curled his tail and smiled a little deviously. "This symbol also warns of greed, of trickery and of those who might take advantage of you given half a chance to do so, and also of that nature in yourself. Are you working for your own benefit? Follow your intuition on things that don't feel correct in the present. You might find an untapped well of potential you never realised. The symbol asks you to question yourself."

"As for your future, this is the great bear, one of the prime symbols of the winter solstice! A very auspicious shape to appear for you today. The great bear guards the burial mounds and protects the dead, they remind us that everything comes full circle and that in a sense there will be judgement for all. It is a symbol of change for you, showing a twisting turning future where you will be asked many times how you wish to grow and to place strong value on the decisions that you will make. These will not be small choices, though they might seem like it at the time, but will have long lasting repercussions for you. Your future weighs heavy with a long period of self reflection, where at the end you will find yourself awakened to new potential you never thought possible."

He laughed. "Very exciting."

@Owlsomniac

Baneful

« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2020, 12:31:37 PM »

Deceiver waved a hoof to roots and led her away from the others to where she could have a clean spot to leap into, leaving Gifted to manage the line.

He looked into her past with surprise. "Oh now this symbol. This is the symbol of instruction. Essentially a symbol of wisdom, it is a reference to the lessons passed on in childhood or from wiser more elder kin. It is a complicated one though, because it speaks also of a warning for the future, of those who might betray or harm you now that this guidance is gone. It is a reminder to take the lessons learned very seriously lest you find yourself painfully harmed by those you might otherwise trust in the now."

The next seemed to also interest him.

"Aha! The world tree, bright and radiant, the circle of seasons, of growth and change. This symbol is the entire world and it has the same amount of potential, it means the completion of a goal you intended, of travel of all the positive and good things there can be in the now. If there was ever a symbol that said to act upon things you'd been putting off, this is is. The time to seize the day is now and the world tree will see you through this. Trust your intuition and harmony will be your companion on your path."

It was a powerful path and he lowered his nose to the termination of it.

"And your future holds the sun! Upright and brimming with positivity and fun, all the success and strength you need lies there ahead for the taking. This is a wonderful path and one that is encouraging you to step forward head held high. The sun will nourish the world tree of your present and growth will retun again."

He chuckled.

"I'm quite jealous, I wish this was my path."

@Blinded By Silence

Baneful

« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2020, 12:58:47 PM »

Bullfrog got a subtle little smirk from Deceiver at his missing limb, though the acha didn't mention it to him.

"Let us have a look for what your path says."

He moved to look over the shape of the Totoma's outline. "Oh this is a challenging set of symbols." he said. "None of this will be easy, so many are challenges for you ahead. But lets begin at the beginning. In the past we have the hooded, secretive kin, inversed. It brings a light for you but warns that too much of your past has been spent isolated or lonely for one reason or another, it can also mean that perhaps you have been too quick to seperate yourself from others or leave important things behind. It says that perhaps you are on a journey you should not undertake alone."

Moving along he nodded to himself.

"Once again the hearthfire shows itself, home and warmth and family are turned on their head, warning you that you mustn't wait too long by the fire, you must carefully think before you make decisions in the present, take stock of what you've learned and see how you will apply it going forward. This symbol is one that challenges you perhaps to see what you can find from family and friends, once again stressing you should not go alone."

He hummed thoughtfully.

"The final symbol here is the circle, the inevitability of change. This symbol states that things will change. Everything will change wether you want it to or not and strongly cautions against being resistant to this, you do not wish to be crushed by the cycle. You must act, you must get things back on track. This symbol says nothing will get better without you trying to fix it."

He smiled. "But it is not the worst path, this one is mostly telling you to change things, to reach out to others and you will find in the future that once the world has turned, that all things come full circle and you will prosper again."

@Ravenous13

Izaeah

« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2020, 09:36:08 AM »
{alt}

Song had startled lightly when he had been nearly bumped into but he'd murmured a soft few mindless words, to let the blind Acha know that it was quite all right, he didn't mind. Accidents were part of nature's way and those without sight just had that much more of an obstacle in their way and he was all right with that. He would have smiled at the other but instead, he'd put that smile into his soft, murmured words.

@Lirilei

There was a slight nod from Song as he was approached by the pale one. His ears flicked back at a sound in momentary distractions but he focused on the one at his side a moment later. The shapes in the snow made no sense to him but, clearly, they made sense to this one so he kept quiet and listened.

Song breathed a soft note at the mention of his childhood and he thought back a moment. He had been a serious foal, had he not? Focused on trying to learn songs and stories, more focused on wanting to be all grown up so he could roam and tell others of what he witnessed on his travels, perhaps play time had been pushed to the side a bit. Perhaps. It wasn't a bad childhood, however, it just didn't make him many friends.  Obstacles and not aiming too high, he could keep that in mind.

He frowned softly at the reading of his next mark in the snow, he still was trying to see if he could see anything in it but it was nothing but compressed snow to him and he focused on what he was told instead. His mind seemed to be everywhere at that moment though perhaps it was mostly on someone else, instead. He exhaled softly as he listened, as he put those words to memory. Stagnation. Waiting for someone or something, delayed by that waiting? He would keep it in mind too, what else could he do?

Tagging along to his final mark in the snow, he straightened a little, only giving it a cursory glance. Believe in myself, do not let myself be swayed by others, be strong, even if it goes against traditions. He would see the world, he had to. He would discover more of what it had to offer and he would shape it into... something. Yes.

Nodding, he murmured a soft thank you to the pale one and eased away, leaving others to get their reading.

@Baneful

WargazmMonkey

« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2020, 12:32:49 AM »
In Excess wandered into the clearing, the evidence of many Kin coming and going. It was later in the afternoon and there were still a few people around. She walked up to them and caught the tail end of a fortune being given. Curiosity getting the better of her, she moved her way through the crowd. It was fairly easy, seeing as she stands equal to, or taller than, the smaller Kimeti of the swamp. The Acha that was officiating, stood on three legs and looked up at In Excess, and then at a clean patch of snow.

Poising herself as regally as she could, she sauntered through the snow as elegantly as the drifts would let her. Looking towards the proprietors with as much impatience as she had anticipation, she walked out of the snow. She wasn't sure if she'd believe what the Achas would tell her, but it wouldn't hurt to hear them out at least...

Show me the future!

« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2020, 04:45:27 AM »
{alt}

“Good day to you both,” Watch Me greeted the Acha merrily.

He had been attracted first by the good-looking duo and then by their promise of reading the future. Prize would have called it all nonsense but there was no harm in a bit of fun. What would his year bring? He hoped it was much the same as all the rest.

“Would you oblige me with a prediction?” He asked with a laugh, already facing the deeper unmarked snow. He gave his best leap, strong and far, landing with a soft ‘ooph’ as snow cascaded around him.

As he backed delicately out, Watch Me hoped that would lead to a good year. He looked expectantly over at the two Acha, eyes bright.

Show me the future!

Dawns_Stars145

« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2020, 06:21:23 PM »
{alt}

Protects was curious about the idea of fortune telling, since it isn't common in the mountains where she was born. Totoma tend to see things in the present and only look on to the near future. When the acha buck started to read her marks, she looked on with him. His look into her past was pretty close to accurate. She may not be able to see what he sees in the snow, but she didn't doubt him."My family is a close one, but they still live in the mountains so I don't see them anymore. It's too far from here and the ache of leaving the swamp keeps me from them. But the memory of them helps the homesickness. It's very cold there so not many plants grow, but those that do are hardy. Much like the kin that live there."

A look of confusion crossed her face as she heard her present. " A change, huh? I wonder what change that could be." He had mentioned love when talking about her past so maybe something will change with something she loves. Maybe her garden? Wait..he said that she will have some suffering and change. Protects is used to struggling to protect things she cares about, so she is ready to do so again.

She listened intently to his telling of her future, she wanted to know so she could face whatever adversary she is destined to face. Of course what he told her was very vague and told her that old ideas will end and a new life will start. His question piqued her interest though. She looked into his eyes intensely almost like she was trying to read his mind, then softened her gaze. She smiled before she spoke. "What you have heard about Totoma is correct. We have to endure to survive. Our strength is a part of who we are, and we strive to protect those we care about. It goes deep into our being and beyond ourselves. I'm sure other kin have a bit of that spirit in them as well."

"Would you mind me telling you what I see, when I look at you?" She asked Deceiver and Gifted
@Baneful
Hope you have a good day :D

« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2020, 01:18:18 AM »
{alt}
Over the cool autumn months, Keeper had cajoled Traitor into getting his love life predicted. It had all been in good fun, and many laughs were had. Little did he know, Traitor had been waiting for his chance at revenge. The moment the two achas announced their intention, he unceremoniously prodded Keeper in the belly with a cold snout, sending the unsuspecting buck leaping into the air with an undignified yelp.

"Well!" Keeper sputtered, shaking snow off his pelt as he trudged back to firmer ground. "There was no call for—"

"What's it say?" Traitor demanded, hopping on his hooves where he stood.

Show me the future!
who is the lamb and who is the knife