10 Dec 19, 11:15 AM » Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Matope

Please login or register.

Author Topic: The Nasties: WHAT DID YOU CALL ME?  (Read 254 times)

Scaramouche Fandango

The Nasties: WHAT DID YOU CALL ME?
« on: December 03, 2019, 12:34:45 AM »
This booth is... not really a booth. It's more like a sad pile of rocks that's abandoned half the time. However, when it's not abandoned... well, that's actually worse, because there's some rather nasty kin hurling insults (and occasionally small pinecones) at anybody who passes by. This merry group of meanies is led by a scraggly-looking Kiokote whose braying laugh is just the most grating thing you've ever heard- and she's got one heck of a vocabulary. In fact... you're not entirely sure what she just called you.

Wouldn't you like to know?

To play, roll 4d20, then consult the lists below and see what, exactly, your kin has been called. Your first post should just be the rolls, although if you want to put in some flavor text or your kin's image, you can. For your second post, fill out the following code... and write a response of at least 50 words of your kin reacting to whatever they just got called! (Wordcounter.net is a real easy way to count those words.) Are their feelings hurt? Do they even notice? Do they hurl an insult of their own? Feel free to confront Heel, although she'll probably just yeet a pinecone at your head and run away.

Code for your second post:
Code: [Select]
[imgleft]https://i.imgur.com/vMLKTpF.png?1[/imgleft] "Roll1text Roll2text Roll3text Roll4text"

[imgleft]yourkin[/imgleft] your response

List 1
(click to show/hide)

List 2
(click to show/hide)

List 3
(click to show/hide)

List 4
(click to show/hide)

Now, you may ask... why put up with these insults? Why suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous name-calling? Well, Heel isn't alone. In fact, there's a rather fetching acha doe and a handsome kimeti buck hanging out with her, and you'd like to catch their eye. But to do this, you have to walk past the Nasties... and continue to walk past the Nasties... hoping that one of them looks at you and decides you're worth it.

Each time you're insulted is a ticket for one of them (or any other prizes that may show up)- so what are you waiting for? Come on down and get your feelings hurt!

Scaramouche Fandango

Re: The Nasties: WHAT DID YOU CALL ME?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2019, 12:35:04 AM »
As an example!

Rolled 4d20 : 20, 19, 15, 13, total 67

Scaramouche Fandango

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2019, 12:37:26 AM »
{alt}
"What a clammy snake ears!"

{alt}
More than anything else, Strange Creature was confused. Snake ears? Snakes didn't have ears. That was one of the ways you could tell they weren't lizards- they didn't have any external openings on the sides of their head where a tympanic membrane could vibrate. Snakes couldn't hear, and how could she know if she was clammy? She wasn't even chilly, let alone clammy! What a strange thing to say to someone.

Naberius

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2019, 12:49:13 AM »
Rolled 4d20 : 4, 7, 16, 12, total 39

FrostyPeaches

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2019, 12:53:02 AM »
Rolled 4d20 : 18, 4, 2, 4, total 28

Naberius

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2019, 01:02:32 AM »
{alt}
"That’s right, keep walking, you boring newt eyes!"

{alt}
Shudder briefly paused his frantic mouse-hunting expedition as the words the kiokote yelled sank in. Boring... Newt eyes? He opened his mouth to begin an undoubtedly scathing counter-insult, but none came to mind. He was still thinking about newt eyes. Had he ever seen the eyes of a newt before? Had he ever truly seen a newt? ...What if this was some strange compliment?

He gave the doe a weird 'disgruntled-but-maybe-thanks-I-guess' look and kept going on his way, focused yet again on his hunt for mice.

FrostyPeaches

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2019, 01:07:30 AM »
{alt}
"You breathin’ in my general direction, you  tasteless  lizard lover!"

{alt}

Kiss of Death let out a high pitched laugh as she looked at the kin that tried to spew out what seemed like an intimidating insult at her. "Oh darling, me breathing in your direction is just a treat, for you. If you haven't said anything I wouldn't even notice that you were there at all! The lizards out in the swamp are far more entertaining to play with than you smelly lot." She walked closer and stared them down as a creepy sharp-toothed grin crept across her face. "Would you like to play a game of who can bite the hardest with me?"

Nashawryn

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2019, 02:24:04 AM »
Rolled 4d20 : 4, 11, 3, 18, total 36

AstoriaFallen

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2019, 02:30:26 AM »
Rolled 4d20 : 8, 7, 19, 12, total 46

“Her voice left a flavor of honey and gunpowder on the air.”
― Peter S. Beagle, The Last Unicorn

Nashawryn

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2019, 02:32:03 AM »
{alt}
"That’s right, keep walking, you dog-bodied worm biter!"

{alt}
The Call of Blood and Fear stared at the Kiokote who just yelled that at him. He narrowed his eyes and looked them up and down. What was that even supposed to mean? He hadn’t stopped walking until they yelled, honestly. And what was dog-bodied supposed to mean? Was that another way of saying fat? The Call huffed in their general direction after realizing there wasn’t really anything he could think of as a response. He started back up into a trot towards his destination while muttering about how he’d like to bite that Kio.

AstoriaFallen

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2019, 02:42:19 AM »
{alt}
  "Get outta here, you boring trash eyes!"

{alt}
Sands was honestly trying to mind yid ien business when the weirdest noise cut through the air and he realized it belonged to a rather scruffy looking kio doe.

About to ask if they were okay as the noise was quite odd,  he was suddenly hurdled with a curious string of words that, quite frankly, were not very nice.

Choosing to stand there for a moment he debated approaching and asking why she chose to act that way but decided against it when a pinecone  came his way.  Besides,  he wasn't the type to cause trouble so he carried on about his earlier task.

phoe

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2019, 10:15:19 AM »
Rolled 4d20 : 19, 20, 10, 20, total 69

phoe

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2019, 10:41:07 AM »
{alt}
"Eeeyyy, get out of my sight, you little mud-sniffer!"

{alt}
Heel seemed to be in transports of glee as she shouted out insults at pretty much any living thing within her eyesight). Unfortunately, even kin manning the other booths didn't seem to be out of her reach.

Wintershadow been minding his own business beside his booth, although it'd been a bit slow .. and in one of the longer lulls, had decided to stretch his legs and see what everyone else had brought to the market. There was quite the clatter of small animals: mice, chickens, spiders -- he repressed a shudder at Albatross's long furby -- and then he stopped in his tracks at Heel's insult.

And fluttered his eyelashes, with a smile, sketching a small bow where he stood. "Bless your heart, Heel," he called, "you're missing out on all the fun and games." And then took a giant sniff of the muddy ground at his feet (which didn't actually smell too bad -- like damp earth and growing things, with maybe just a hint of something foul). "And all the mud-sniffing."

Lirilei

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2019, 11:13:10 AM »
Rolled 4d20 : 15, 4, 8, 1, total 28

Lirilei

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2019, 11:22:41 AM »
{alt}
"You wanna go, you tasteless foot kicker!"

{alt}
"A what?" there was a confused blink from Fade Into Darkness at the insult hurled his way, and he cocked his head in absolute confusion. He was so confused he stood still for several moments trying to process just what it was that had been said before he shook his head and continued on. It wasn't worth wasting another thought on.