10 Dec 19, 11:48 AM » Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Matope

Please login or register.

Author Topic: [WWP1] Hold Your Tongue & Shimmers  (Read 116 times)

Izaeah

Re: [WWP1] Hold Your Tongue & Shimmers
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2019, 06:35:33 PM »
"Oh. I thought the little ones grew into the big ones." It was a normal mistake to make, or so he figured. The knowledge that they were different types of dragons didn't make it any easier for him to be comfortable with the idea of coming face to face with any of them. The little ones, perhaps, but not the big ones. "It sounds confusing and you sound confused... and you can see them so that doesn't bode well for me understanding it any better." His words were offered with quiet amusement.

"Mmhm." It was true, the Mother-Father did work in mysterious ways, or so he'd been told before, he still just wasn't sure if perhaps he wasn't still dreaming. None of his dreams had ever felt this vivid before, it was the only thing that made him believe it wasn't a dream. That and none of his dreams had ever seemed to have others in there, if there were, they usually sounded like those he'd grown up surrounded with. "Someone waiting?" A soft question, curious more than anything else though he wouldn't push for more information if it wasn't offered freely.

There was something akin to a sigh at the mention of family but he shook it off, merely keeping indeed close to feel body heat but still just far enough away to not be in the way. He was lightfooted in his steps and could easily be nudged in the right direction as needed but it was clear that he could actually follow surprisingly easily based on said heat, sounds and smells.

"I don't mind if you eventually tell me to be on my way because I'm bothering you, you know." Those words were offered after a few quiet minutes. He'd be on his way if it came to that. He could appreciate the thought of shelter at this point but he knew he was a stranger and well, he was bound to likely be a useless one during the colder months, until he found something to cover himself up with, at least.

Lirilei

« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2019, 09:03:34 PM »
"I've never seen the big ones, but I was trying to remember what Flawed said about them. The little ones are cute though." he gave a smile. "But yeah, a little confused. Like I said never seen one of the big ones, just my dads stuttering explanation of one." the older buck's speech issues, honestly annoyed him a  little. Maybe it was partly why he tried to spend so little time around him.

"Well I don't know if I'd tell you to leave any time soon. The weather is going to be bad soon...and unless you have shelter..." he trailed off with a shake of his head. "If you don't want to stay with me, I have siblings.. or I can find you somewhere near by, once we set it up to be a good spot for the cold season. Some furs, food, that sort of thing. We'll figure it out."

Finally he answered the question. "Mmmm. I don't know why someone was waiting for me, but they were and..." he paused, his voice low. "It made me kinda happy." which had to be something, since he didn't seem like the sort of kin that did happy much. "Anyhow, stick close. It's going to be windy once we're away from the festival." and an hour or more of walking, at least depending on how well Shimmers could keep up. Shimmers would survive the winter. He'd make sure of it.

Izaeah

« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2019, 03:56:48 PM »
"I'll take your word. All I'll have is the sound they make to base myself on what you seem to be saying. I mean, I'm perfectly fine with that and that's okay." He'd been in the dark all of his life, after all, it was all right as far as he was concerned. At least, that's what he told himself. It really was okay.

He hummed a soft sound, a vocal shrug, perhaps. "It's not that I don't want to stay... I think it's more that I don't want to be a bother to you. I just get the feeling that you might not want this useless lump around all of the time, mostly." Yes, Shimmers was rather well versed in self-depreciation. It was just one of those things though it might have also come from constantly being reminded of how different he was and at times, he felt as though different wasn't actually a good thing.

There was a nod, however, at the explanation of this one's dream. He couldn't really imagine what it was like to be hopeful for someone to be there waiting for him. He'd always been surrounded by others but he'd always been pretty lonely so it was something of a norm for him, in the end. Though the idea of having someone he could talk to without being judged felt like it could have been nice.

"I'm not going far, I'm still going to follow." He still was close enough to feel the motion of each step they both took, could feel the partial warmth of this one next to him. He'd deal with the windy, though a small part of him worried that it would mean losing his flower since it wasn't really attached to anything. If it happened, he'd deal. It would have lasted about as long as it was meant to.

Lirilei

« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2019, 10:39:56 PM »
"True enough, though I'm sure you could tell them apart by sound well enough if given a moment to." well that had to be something, he had high thoughts on this ones hearing ability!

"Useless huh? Can you help gather things if I help get you to an area? If so, you're not useless. Far from. I'm sure we'll find a way to keep you useful." if not him, someone in his family could find something to keep the buck busy and feeling like he was contributing! "Berries to gather, wood to collect, that sort of thing."

"I know you are. What I meant was... you can come closer. I'm not going to bite. For now." his tone was laced with a smirk as he said that, really. But, if the other was closer, he'd stay warmer he figured in the end.

The walk back would prove to be mostly easy, a little windy...and with some flower retrieval, but in all an easy walk. It was as they were getting closer, and into a more tree populated area he stepped even closer to Shimmers. "Lots of trees, I'll do what I can to keep you from crashing into anything. Or anyone." he could see one of his sisters wandering around doing something, though he couldn't tell what from here. It was fine. "My little part of home is over this way." they'd found a bunch of caves close together, though still enough apart to have some sense of privacy, and he liked it that way.

Izaeah

« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2019, 11:37:07 AM »
"That's nice of you to say." It was, really. He knew that none of the others he had been around had meant to be harsh with their repeated words over his absolute lack of sight but it still tended to wear someone out, in the long run. So this was nice.

There was that shrug-like motion again as he kept close, merely listening for a few moments. "I probably could learn to gather things... otherwise I would imagine I would maybe be good at keeping someone warm if I'm to be settled in a single spot without moving but that wouldn't be very helpful, I don't think." He also had to think about keeping himself warm first and the idea of being wrapped in something warm for the whole winter sounded nice.

"For now." There was a low laugh but lo' and behold, he did actually move a little closer, still not in the way but there was almost the brush of shoulders to shoulders with every few steps. That had to be plenty close, right? Right. Maybe.

He kept mostly quiet on the walk back, not even once complaining over the fact that it was cold but he wasn't freezing. There still was warmth in his belly and this one's presence next to him. When he was stepped even closer to, he tipped his head a little, glad that the flower-chase at least seemed to be over. That he trusted this still relatively stranger--whose first impressions had not been very good and yet, why not?--felt almost natural to him, it was strange but welcoming to want to trust someone who wasn't yet reminding him that he was just so starkly different. "Lead the way."

Lirilei

« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2019, 09:01:10 PM »
"I mean winter gathering is a little harder, hunting a little more difficult, but you can help with plenty I'm sure. Don't worry, it'll get figured out." it would, really. He wasn't real concerned about it. He knew his siblings were pretty resourceful too, so if he couldn't figure out a way for Shimmers to help, he was sure one of them could.

He laughed softly. "A fine way to be useful too I think. Just settle and be a source of warmth." well hey that had to be something he wasn't adverse to, and even thinking it could be a good idea. It wasn't a bad one, anyhow.

"For now." and he clicked his teeth in a light, playful manner. He felt the other step in closer, and continued to walk. That would help keep Shimmers a little warmer, especially as he had the wind coming in from his side. It would block it for the Zikwa. A good thing really. Once he finally made it to the cave he called his own he paused a moment to let his eyes adjust to the dim interior. He'd only been gone a few days, so things were exactly as he'd left them. "Over here is where I sleep. You can settle there and warm up. Lots of different furs over there, and dried grasses. You'll warm up quick I think. I usually stay pretty warm."

He wasn't sure if his sleeping area would be comfortable enough for two, or not but it would be figured out. They'd either have to settle close to both fit, or he'd drag things around to rearrange and spread them out or something. It just needed to be seen how it was once they both settled...or attempted to settle anyhow.

Izaeah

« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2019, 11:30:45 AM »
"Well, if I'm to stay out here, I'm going to have to learn to be useful, otherwise I'm not going to feel very good about being around but not doing my part." It was just one of those things. There was a need to keep occupied, else his mind would likely go around and around some more until he'd get lost into his own thoughts and to what end?

"So says you." He laughed softly and shook his head a little. He couldn't imagine just being a living... breathing... source of warmth. Considering how cold he was at this point from their walk--the food's warmth no longer truly with him at this point, he couldn't imagine being able to keep his own warmth present well enough to be of use to anyone else. He knew they would figure it out but still.

Shimmers offered a softly amused huff at the click of those teeth. He shook his head a little but let it be for the time being. He was glad when they were done with the walking, not so much because he couldn't handle walking long distance but the air felt cold to him at this point and he just didn't like it. "Just, you know, tell me where I can settle and I'll try not to take up too much room." He paused, however, an uncertain sort of sound escaping him. "You've told me your name, and it's a fine name, but I feel like I have to ask if there's any way I can shorten it without it being a bother to you. Otherwise, I'll stick to your full name." He figured that maybe there was a nickname or a shortened version but anything that was on the tip of his tongue felt strange, so he would wait and see.

Lirilei

« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2019, 05:03:25 PM »
"Don't worry we'll figure it out. It might take some time, but it'll be worked out." he gave a chuckle as he said that. "There's ways to keep busy, and keep warm. Or so I've been told." well he himself had yet to find anyone to catch his interests but he was an uncle so..

"So says me yes." he gently nosed him to the furs. "There, just settle. I'll settle too and we'll figure out the best way to lay so we're both comfortable and warm." the question about shortening his name earned a thoughtful hum. "I get called Hold, or Tongue a lot. or Jerk." he gave an amused laugh. "And asshole." well given his usual behavior, no wonder. "So you can call me any of those, or something else if you really want."

Izaeah

« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2019, 06:29:16 PM »
It felt strange and yet welcoming that he felt he could trust this one so quickly. Their meeting hadn't been a pleasant one but it was already in the past, as far as he was concerned. To this point, beyond their meeting his companion had shown him kindness and Shimmers was rather pleased overall.

However, at the mention of keeping busy and warm, he could only tip his head in question, he likely would have looked a little lost at those words but now he only had the tipped-head look of confusion before it melted away. He moved to the furs, settling down easily and shifting until he was comfortable and, surprisingly, not taking up much room. Shimmers was all limbs most of the time and tucking those in close and secure did keep him warm easier, after all, so it made sense. "Hold, then. Until I think of a better name for you. Thank you."

Lirilei

« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2019, 04:07:32 PM »
Once Shimmers settled, he carefully pulled his flower off him so it wouldn't get smashed as they rested with a "Just setting them over here." and he did just that. Shimmers sat down first, and his own carefully pulled off and laid down with.

He easily moved to settle as well, and of all things half curled around the other to help him warm up. "Hold works just fine. For now, lets rest a little, and let you warm up. Then we'll figure things out from there. I'll need to collect a little extra food to make sure there's enough for us both but I have plenty stored already so it shouldn't take much." words murmured some, a low yawn from him. He was home, and relaxing. This was good. Even if it was unusual to have company in his home.

"You're welcome Shimmers." and there, his head rested lightly along the other bucks back as his eyes drifted shut. A short nap to warm up would do them both good he was sure.

Izaeah

« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2019, 04:34:05 PM »
He didn't shift or squirm about once he was settled, he'd seen to making sure he was as near to an 'edge' as he could have. He might have been blind but he had a fair sense of the air around him, it helped with figuring out space. He'd tucked all of his limbs closed, humming a soft note when the flowers were taken. After everything else, he'd almost forgotten about the flower, the reason for their meeting in the first place.

Shimmers smiled slightly when he was settled close to, warmth instantly settling about him and in him. It was just so different from the caves! Could he even call it home anymore? He didn't know. This place was sounding more and more like it could be a good place to settle. He doubted his own dream would ever come to pass but maybe, just maybe, Hold's own would perhaps come true? Shimmers couldn't imagine himself being a very good friend, he was so used to being a loner, but he could try.

"Teach me how to gather a bit of food with you?" Softly hopeful, only wanting to help, though his voice was quiet, especially as that head rested along his back. It quieted him utterly and he settled, feeling content for the first time in a long time.

Word count
Hold Your Tongue: 3,329 words
Light Shimmers on Webs: 3 865 words

Lirilei

« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2019, 04:40:58 PM »
There was a surprised but content sound from him at the request and he shifted a little, a light nuzzle at the others neck. "I'm happy to teach you how to gather food yes. We'll figure out a way that works best for you too. Don't worry." he nuzzled again before his head was stilling  and he breathed a content note. He hadn't been this close to another kin in a long time... and certainly never one that wasn't related to him. This was... nice he realized.

"For now we rest, and warm up. Then if it's not too late we'll go out... otherwise tomorrow." it was the best way to go about it. He yawned again, breathing evening out relatively quickly and he feeling strangely content.