14 Nov 19, 09:44 AM » Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Matope

Please login or register.

Author Topic: Winter Art Exchange 2019  (Read 214 times)

blue

Winter Art Exchange 2019
« on: November 08, 2019, 10:05:01 AM »
Signups close on November 15th at 11:59PM EST

WINTER HAS COME (almost) and with it our traditional exchange -- with a twist!

Instead of doing a card exchange this year, we're doing an art exchange. This will be like the gift exchanges we've done in the past, where each person is assigned one giftee, and you have to give exactly one piece of art, receiving one in return. This art can be anything you like; it can be a physical piece of artwork, or a digital piece, or you can commission an artist to create something for the person, if you don't feel your skill level is up to the task. The only requirement is that your art must be matope related. It should be a drawing of, or something inspired by, one of your giftee's kin, whatever that might mean to you -- whether it be a goat drawing, a watercolor piece, a humanized version of kin, or some other form of art like jewelry or other items inspired by the color scheme of their favorite kin.

We request that you please create or commission something you would be happy to receive -- aka, don't just draw a stick figure, don't scribble out something quick. This isn't about skill level, but about effort and thoughtfulness.

As some of these pieces of artwork may be physical, people may want to send the original copy of their artwork to you. If you're willing to receive physical mail, please mention that in your form.

Disclaimer: If you did not send out cards last time you participated, you will be excluded for this round of exchange.

Deadline to deliver your artwork will be December 20th.

To Join:

1. Send an email to MatopeSanta@gmail.com with the subject WINTER ART EXCHANGE 2019 with:

Code: [Select]
Username on this forum:
Username on discord:
Name:
Address: (this is optional, but if you do not include an address, you cannot receive physical pieces)
Favorite kins that you own:
Are you likely to send a physical piece of artwork?

2. Please also respond in this thread that you are entering and your favorite kins that you own, so that we can easily keep track of and match signups!

blue

Re: Winter Art Exchange 2019
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2019, 10:13:52 AM »
This year we're going to keep a voluntary list of addresses, so that if you want to send out cards -- with no expectation of anything sent in return -- you can do that. If this interests you, please fill out the form below and include it as a separate email from your Art Exchange email. Note that this is not a card exchange as it's been done in the past. You are not guaranteed a card in return. But if you want to send out a bit of holiday cheer, this is your opportunity!

To Join:

1. Send an email to MatopeSanta@gmail.com with the subject HOLIDAY CARD LIST 2019 with:

Code: [Select]
Username on this forum:
Username on discord:
Name:
Address:
Are you planning on sending out some cards yourself?

Corn

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2019, 07:05:59 PM »
I've signed up for the art exchange! Here's the favorite kin I listed, with links to their journal entries;
(click to show/hide)
However, I'm willing to get art for any kin you find particularly visually inspiring, too :>

Kinu

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2019, 09:26:24 PM »
I've signed up for the art exchange as well!

I've listed some of my favorite Kin in the spoiler but I really love all my Kin and would be happy to receive art of anyone that inspires! <3

(click to show/hide)

blue

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2019, 07:23:31 PM »
I am SIGNED UP

Here's some kin I love at the moment:

(click to show/hide)

Anhelisk

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2019, 11:01:33 AM »
I have signed up! My favourite kin as of this post are here below!

(click to show/hide)

Yuki

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2019, 11:47:19 AM »
I signed up!
Some of my favorites are Slaughter, Flower Child, Feed the Strong, Follow the Blood, Bloody Grin, and Rotten.
(Will put images in when/if I can get my VPN working on my computer fff)

Dawns_Stars145

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2019, 12:13:50 PM »
I have signed up and some of my favorite kin
Walks On Stars, Fades into Roses, Night Tree, Thorns And Petals, A Quiet Voice

Though I love all my kin, so if I get art of any of them I'd be happy  ;)

Personality Blurbs for the kin listed in spoiler
(click to show/hide)
Hope you have a good day :D

purplerosesbeauty

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2019, 04:46:09 PM »
I've signed up!

My favorite kin include the following:

(click to show/hide)

However feel free to pick from any of my kin!

Maxx

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2019, 07:47:45 PM »
I too have signed up! o/ My chosen kin are as follows, but I'm happy for art of any of my kin that the trading party likes most or is more inspired by!
All my kin on the OL here.

(click to show/hide)

Jun

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2019, 05:53:12 PM »
I've signed up! Here are some kin (in no particular order) I thought might be interesting to get art of - but I'd love art of any of my kin you like most or are inspired by, I love them all!
All my kin on the OL here (character blurbs in pairing thread, with longer bios in journal for some kin...).

(click to show/hide)

Shaddaling

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2019, 06:38:08 PM »
I have entered the thinggg

Fave kins to note
(click to show/hide)

Though I do love them alllll

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2019, 10:02:07 PM »
I've entered!

My favorite babies are spoilered below and their personalities are here!
(click to show/hide)

However, all of my kin are open for art if another proves more inspiring!
who is the lamb and who is the knife