CONTEST: Flower Bouquet
03 Jul 22, 11:28 AM » Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Matope

Please login or register.

Author Topic: CONTEST: Flower Bouquet  (Read 1092 times)

Matope

CONTEST: Flower Bouquet
« on: February 13, 2021, 02:22:58 PM »

This CONTEST RAFFLE is offering up pre-made flower kin created by Owlsomniac.
Each of these kin is based on a flower, part of a charming Valentine's Day bouquet!
please do not send anything via PM to the mule; no one checks this account.

Matope

Rules & Forms
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2021, 03:44:30 PM »
This contest runs through February 28th. To participate, all you have to do is write a short blurb about the favorite flower of one of your kin. If you have no kin, you can invent one for the purpose of this contest. Hopefully this will serve as a good tool to explore an aspect of your kin!

Each entry will get one ticket toward the prizes above, with extra tickets for entries we really love.
You can enter up to three times, each for a different kin.

Try to keep in mind the setting of matope and where your kin lives, when choosing their flower!

Submit each entry using the following form, all in one post.
Code: [Select]
[b][size=20pt][color=green]FLOWER? I barely know her![/color][/size][/b]
[b]Your Username:[/b]
[b]Preference List:[/b] in order, leaving out any you're not interested in
[b]Favorite Flower:[/b]
[b]What does this flower mean to them?[/b]

Dawns_Stars145

• 1019 pebbles
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Dawns_Stars145
  • Discord Name: Panthersclaw #3502
  • Post count 250: Gabby! Post count 250: Gabby! : Earned for posting at least 250 times.
    Kin Count: 25 Kin Count: 25 : Earned by receiving your 25th kin. 1/4th of the way to 100!
    Puzzle Hunter Puzzle Hunter : Earned by completing any forum Puzzle Hunt!
    Species: Acha Species: Acha : Earned by owning at least one Acha!
Re: CONTEST: Flower Bouquet
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2021, 12:30:25 AM »
FLOWER? I barely know her!
Your Username: Dawns_Stars145
Preference List: Baby's Breath, Orchid, Sunflower, Gold Lily
Favorite Flower: Moonflowers
What does this flower mean to them? Walks On Moonlight loves these flowers for two reasons: they remind her of her mom, Brightest Moonlight and the pale white of the flowers glow like the moon from her naming dream.

Favorite Flower: Water Lily
What does this flower mean to them? Lotus Water loves to hang around water, especially ponds that have lily pads. Plus water lilies are one of her favorite snacks.

Favorite Flower: Dandelions
What does this flower mean to them? Spring Lace loves everything spring, and dandelions tend to be one of the first blooms of the season. They also make a lovely accessory when placed in hair or make a tasty snack
Hope you have a good day :D

Scaramouche Fandango

• 1733 pebbles
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Scaramouche Fandango
  • Discord Name: kaiju #9562
  • Post count 500: Verbose! Post count 500: Verbose! : Earned for posting at least 500 times.
    Legendary Kin Legendary Kin : Earned by having at least one Legendary kin!
    Patron Patron : Rewarded to anyone who is a current or past Patron of Matope.
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2021, 07:10:54 AM »
Your Username: Scaramouche Fandango
Preference List: Gold lily, sunflower, baby's breath, orchid
Favorite Flower: I Will Work Harder's favorite flower is oak blossom.
What does this flower mean to them? Most kin don't know that oaks have flowers, and even fewer know what those flowers actually look like. They certainly aren't the most beautiful- but there's far more to them than meets the eye. You only ever get to see them if you're out working the timber- clearing deadfalls, pulling up stumps, that kind of thing. They're refreshing to nibble on, if you can get them down to your level, and they smell amazing. They're a reward that's worth the hard work.

Favorite Flower: Waterveil's favorite flower is water lily.
What does this flower mean to them? Water lilies are such good camouflage, and if one happens to stick to you when you're coming out of the water, it makes a lovely accessory. Waterveil likes them because they're both beautiful and useful!

Favorite Flower: In Like A Lion's favorite flower is crocus!
What does this flower mean to them? Spring is back, and all will soon be well with the world. In Like A Lion really doesn't like winter. It's cold, dark, and too still. Crocuses pushing their stubborn heads through the sparse snows and barren ground are the first sign that the world is waking up.

lilacfishie

• 3480 pebbles
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To lilacfishie
  • media vita in morte sumus
  • Discord Name: lilacfishie#4011
  • Post count 500: Verbose! Post count 500: Verbose! : Earned for posting at least 500 times.
    Species: Zikwa Species: Zikwa : Earned by owning at least one Zikwa!
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2021, 02:43:37 PM »
Your Username: lilacfishie
Preference List: orchid, baby's breath
Favorite Flower: Lotus
What does this flower mean to them?: Since she hatched, Waters Grace has always gotten great joy out of lotus flowers. Despite the squishy, soaked ground of the swamp, these beautiful flowers still manage to poke through. They make her think of perseverance through the dark and into the light. She greatly enjoys pushing the fully formed flowers around with her nose while swimming around the pond where she lives.

Favorite Flower: Northern Blue Flag
What does this flower mean to them?: It's a very vibrant and beautiful flower. It means attracting the ladies to Last Lyric. He often looks for them to pick and use to woo pretty does he comes across.  ;)

Favorite Flower: Lavender
What does this flower mean to them?: Remember Death keeps many patches of lavender growing around the garden where she and her sisters live. They are very calming and beautiful; perfect to place upon the dead she tends and their mourning loved ones, if any. Lavender means acceptance and calm to Remember Death.

Tara de Draiocht

• 1674 pebbles
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Tara de Draiocht
    • Gaia Profile
  • Discord Name: taradedraiocht
  • Dream Writer Dream Writer : Earned by writing at least one Naming Dream!
    Kin count: 50 Kin count: 50 : Earned by receiving your 50th kin. 1/2 way to 100!
    Post count 1000: Jabbering! Post count 1000: Jabbering! : Earned for posting at least 1000 times.
    Transformed Transformed : Claim this achievement after using a Transformation Flower with a same sex pairing in the certing thread!
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2021, 02:50:02 PM »
Your Username: Tara de Draiocht
Preference List: Orchid, Sunflower, Gold Lily, Baby's Breath.
Favorite Flower: Winter Rose loves roses!
What does this flower mean to them? To Winter Rose, a rose represents herself. Winter Rose feels that she was blessed with beauty and love by mother nature as she was gifted them on her body. They also can be used to protect oneself! Watch out for the thorns! Beautiful, yet deadly.

Favorite Flower: Spot of Tea enjoys the presence of a waterlily.
What does this flower mean to them? Water lilies remind of relaxation. Their fragrance and beauty are enjoyable to look at as they float on the water. Plus some have these berrylike fruits that pop in your mouth if you chose to eat them!

Favorite Flower: Hole Dweller has an abundance of flowers around her home and garden! But if she had to choose a specific flower well then... yellow geranium.
What does this flower mean to them? Dwell believes each flower symbolizes certain meanings and of course for its charm. I mean who wouldn't want to be reminded of warm days and the sun? ... Well I guess those who love the colder days but still! Also, another reason why yellow geranium is her favorite is because of its meaning. It is a symbol of happiness and positive emotions!
I hope you find your peace
RIP Grandparents and Uncle

{alt}

Just got told some very shitty news :( </3
Item Quest: Add-On Token- Bunny Tail and 2 Custom Tokens

Blinded By Silence

• 4917 pebbles
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Blinded By Silence
  • Holy hiatus, Batman!
  • Discord Name: Pounce#8921
  • Legendary Kin Legendary Kin : Earned by having at least one Legendary kin!
    Post count 500: Verbose! Post count 500: Verbose! : Earned for posting at least 500 times.
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2021, 11:13:08 PM »
Your Username: Blinded By Silence
Preference List: Orchid
Favorite Flower: Forget-me-nots are very important to Dances with Shadows
What does this flower mean to them? He confessed his love to his life mate, Tastes Like Summer, in a bed of forget-me-nots.

Favorite Flower: Despite the fact that every plant he touches dies, No Need loves all flowers, though he is partial to pink ones, such as peonies.
What does this flower mean to them? They remind him of his mother's glow and the serenity of his naming dream.

Favorite Flower: Hardy winter flowers, such as crocus, are Winter Wonderland's favorite flowers.
What does this flower mean to them? She admires their strength and reliance, as well as their ability to bloom in conditions where others wither.

Ravenous13

• 170 pebbles
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Ravenous13
  • I am here. You are there. We are both somewhere.
  • Post count 1: You Posted! Post count 1: You Posted! : Earned for posting at least 1 time.
    Post count 10: Chatty! Post count 10: Chatty! : Earned for posting at least 10 times.
    Post count 100: Talkative! Post count 100: Talkative! : Earned for posting at least 100 times.
    Kin Count: 1 Kin Count: 1 : Earned by receiving your first kin.
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2021, 07:25:38 AM »
Your Username:Ravenous13
Preference List: Orchid, Baby's breath
Favorite Flower: Swamp rose
What does this flower mean to them? Forgotten likes to sleep near swamp roses as they seem to be the only thing that can really quiet her mind.

Your Username:Ravenous13
Preference List: Orchid, Baby's breath
Favorite Flower:Honeysuckle/Swamp Azalea
What does this flower mean to them?  The sweet scent of honeysuckle reminds Guided of his old getaway back when he was small. He used to disappear there for entire days without being discovered.
Every day is another day.
With the potential to be better
Or potential to be worse
But knowing it could go either way
One should live in the moment and enjoy the little things
Indulge in sunrise, sunfall, and moon and stars
The air we breath
the fact that we are alive
Live free and forward. Enjoy~

purplerosesbeauty

• 3850 pebbles
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To purplerosesbeauty
  • Discord Name: purpleroses#3068
    Kin Count: 100 Kin Count: 100 : Earned by receiving your 100th kin. You're really in it now!
    Transformed Transformed : Claim this achievement after using a Transformation Flower with a same sex pairing in the certing thread!
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2021, 02:11:22 PM »
Your Username: purplerosesbeauty
Preference List: baby's breath, orchid, gold lily, sunflower
Favorite Flower: dandelion
What does this flower mean to them? breaking heads loves dandelions! they're good to eat and are very satisfying to pull apart.

Favorite Flower: lotus
What does this flower mean to them? azalea loves to look at lotus flowers. for whatever reason, they remind him of his mate.

FLOWER? I barely know her![/b]
Favorite Flower: roses
What does this flower mean to them? laced in love adores roses of all kinds, enjoying the sweet smells and delicate swirling petals.

Pandora Talie

• 1973 pebbles
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Pandora Talie
  • Discord Name: Pandora Talie#3703
  • Kin Artist Kin Artist : Earned by drawing art of any kin!
    Server Booster Server Booster : Earned by nitro boosting our server on Discord!
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2021, 07:06:48 PM »
Your Username: PandoraTalie
Preference List: baby’s breath, orchid, gold lily, sunflower
Favorite Flower: Pansy
What does this flower mean to them? Having pansies around means Good Vibrations will never be lonely. He swears they talk back to him.

Favorite Flower: Lilac
What does this flower mean to them? The smell of the lilac always makes, Blossoms After Rain think of home. There was a lilac tree growing outside his childhood home.

Favorite Flower: Pink Rose
What does this flower mean to them? Delicate, beautiful, with a delicate fragrance: no other flower reminds Blushweaver more of himself. He sends them by his bird companion, Sorry, to his loves. Unfortunately, his gifts often find their way to the wrong doe, creating quite the stir.

phoe

• it's pronounced "fee"
  • 509 pebbles
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To phoe
  • Discord Name: phoe#0911
  • Server Booster Server Booster : Earned by nitro boosting our server on Discord!
    Post count 1000: Jabbering! Post count 1000: Jabbering! : Earned for posting at least 1000 times.
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2021, 08:18:24 PM »
Your Username: phoe
Preference List: gold lily, orchid
Favorite Flower: swamp milkweed
What does this flower mean to them? Beetleshell tends a garden underneath a mangrove tree specifically cultivated to be home to the many bugs and insects she keeps. Milkweed has dense foliage (to keep her little garden private, the way she likes it) and clusters of pink flowers that are both pretty and a pretty good food source for her colonies. So far, it's been their favorite thing to eat.

Your Username: phoe
Preference List: gold lily, orchid
Favorite Flower: moonflower
What does this flower mean to them? The bright white blossoms of the moonflower are one of the only plants that bloom specifically at night. And they're one of the few plants that End of Light gets to enjoy, given that she's largely nocturnal. Their blossoms, if kept moist, are also hardy enough to last until the middle of the next day, so that she can give them to her mate Death of Night.

Lirilei

• Coffee Fiend
  • 357 pebbles
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Lirilei
    • dusty blog
  • Discord Name: Lirilei#9237
    Post count 2000: Babbling! Post count 2000: Babbling! : Earned for posting at least 2000 times.
    Kin Count: 200 Kin Count: 200 : Earned by receiving your 200th kin.
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2021, 11:54:47 PM »
Your Username: Lirilei
Preference List: orchid, sunflower, baby's breath, gold lily
Favorite Flower: clovers
What does this flower mean to them? happy-go-lucky loves clovers, due to their look, smell, and taste.

Favorite Flower: lotus
What does this flower mean to them? blossom of dreams's favorite is the lotus, because she can use it for many reasons, both for food, and fashion!

Favorite Flower: lavender
What does this flower mean to them? it means peace to flowers on the hill. the smell is a comfort, and he actively seeks it out if he smells it on the wind.

Kaluna Skunk

• 508 pebbles
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Kaluna Skunk
  • squeeeeeee
    • Fursuit Business
  • Discord Name: kalunaskunk
  • Post count 1: You Posted! Post count 1: You Posted! : Earned for posting at least 1 time.
    Post count 10: Chatty! Post count 10: Chatty! : Earned for posting at least 10 times.
    Kin Count: 1 Kin Count: 1 : Earned by receiving your first kin.
    Kin count: 4 Kin count: 4 : Earned by receiving your 4th kin. You're no longer a newbie!
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2021, 04:17:38 AM »

Your Username: Kaluna Skunk
Preference List: baby breath, orchid, gold lily, sunflower
Favorite Flower: Night Blooming Jasmine
What does this flower mean to them? Flower feels happiest at home and night blooming jasmine reminds her of the safety and security of her private glade where she grows it and other flowers.

Favorite Flower: Lavender
What does this flower mean to them? Elderberry met her muskie friend with a sprig of lavender and even named him after the herb that lured him.

Favorite Flower: water lily
What does this flower mean to them? Lurks Underwater loves the cover these plants provide, they aid greatly in his camouflage

FrostyPeaches

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2021, 03:40:22 PM »
Your Username: FrostyPeaches
Preference List: Gold lily, orchid, baby's breath, sunflower
Favorite Flower: Wild Rose
What does this flower mean to them? Light in the Ocean adores the scents of roses when they are in full bloom. He believes that these flowers with its thorny stems adds to their beauty and will almost always scrape his hide or mouth from plucking them in the swamp. He has grown used to giving roses to pretty single does (;

Your Username: FrostyPeaches
Preference List: Gold lily, orchid, baby's breath, sunflower
Favorite Flower: Camellia
What does this flower mean to them? Whispers Softly seems to have a deeper connection with these flowers. Like herself, preferring the shade rather than sunlight, they both like to be semi-hidden. She won't pluck them and will visit them to watch them grow.
bocca della verità

LOLLI qAq

• 292 pebbles
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To LOLLI qAq
  • Discord Name: LOLLI qAq
  • Kin Artist Kin Artist : Earned by drawing art of any kin!
    Kin Count: 200 Kin Count: 200 : Earned by receiving your 200th kin.
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2021, 04:49:10 PM »
Your Username: LOLLI qAq
Favorite Flower: forget-me-not
What does this flower mean to them? To Story they remind him of the delicate tenacity of nature. Something that reminds him to never give up, even when he wants to, and to keep looking forward to what's next.

Preference List: orchid
Favorite Flower: Baby's Breath
What does this flower mean to them? Willow loves these most of all because they remind her of her ever growing family and how proud of her children she is. Each little clump of blossoms are like her children's families as they grow and have children of their own and it fills her heart with love.

Preference List: orchid
Favorite Flower: Pear flowers
What does this flower mean to them? They had a starring role in Pear Flower's naming dream, and she holds herself in the highest esteem.