[Pop-up Booth] Mystery Gift Exchange - Signups through Dec 19
25 Sep 21, 14:52 PM » Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Matope

Please login or register.

Author Topic: [Pop-up Booth] Mystery Gift Exchange - Signups through Dec 19  (Read 5642 times)

Scaramouche Fandango

• 1694 pebbles
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Scaramouche Fandango
  • Discord Name: kaiju #9562
  • Post count 500: Verbose! Post count 500: Verbose! : Earned for posting at least 500 times.
    Legendary Kin Legendary Kin : Earned by having at least one Legendary kin!
    Puzzle Hunter Puzzle Hunter : Earned by completing any forum Puzzle Hunt!
    Patron Patron : Rewarded to anyone who is a current Patron of Matope.
Re: [Pop-up Booth] Mystery Gift Exchange - Signups through Dec 19
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2020, 02:58:18 PM »
{alt}
Simple Gifts cocked her head and looked at the pink buck, wondering which pile was his. There were plenty of piles to go around. The last one was lovely-smelling; the little sachet of soothing herbs tickled the nose in a very pleasing way.

"I eat plants, mostly! Though I've started hunting more lately, although... I don't like the killing part of it. Don't get me wrong, I love the chasing, the feel of earth under your pa-hooves, I mean. But I don't get excited about what happens after. I don't follow through, most of the time. I'd much rather eat vegetables or graze. Cattails are really good. Those are probably my favorite. How about you- what's your favorite thing to eat? Do you like hunting?"

@Dizzy_Kat

Dizzy_Kat

• 1106 pebbles
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Dizzy_Kat
  • Discord Name: FeralBibliophile#6571
  • Post count 1: You Posted! Post count 1: You Posted! : Earned for posting at least 1 time.
    Post count 10: Chatty! Post count 10: Chatty! : Earned for posting at least 10 times.
    Post count 100: Talkative! Post count 100: Talkative! : Earned for posting at least 100 times.
« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2020, 03:11:29 PM »
{alt}
That was a lot of answer! She liked plants... cattails. and chasing? What did he like. "Bugs." Was his quick reply. But there was more! "Caterpillars. Juicy... sometimes fuzzy. Sometimes make you sick. Grasshoppers better. Good crunch if you don't mind legs. Not caveworms. Too big. Don't like hunting." He shook his head.

Ruriska

• 1527 pebbles
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Ruriska
  • Legendary Kin Legendary Kin : Earned by having at least one Legendary kin!
    Kin Count: 200 Kin Count: 200 : Earned by receiving your 200th kin.
    Dream Writer Dream Writer : Earned by writing at least one Naming Dream!
    Puzzle Champ Puzzle Champ : Earned by being the FIRST to complete any forum Puzzle Hunt!
« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2020, 03:47:42 PM »
{alt}
Dragonheart was surprised someone spoke to him immediately. He had presumed he would come across as far too intimidating and would have to do the hard work himself but the doe with shaggy hooves was quick to bombard anyone in her vicinity with questions. How annoying.

His mouth turned down, especially irritated she hadn't chosen to speak to him first and replied dismissively, "I don't like flowers at all." @Tara de Draiocht

And instead of asking her anything in return he turned towards a pudgy sickly-coloured Acha and asked, " do you have... a favourite animal?" because that seemed like a safe sort of question. Better than 'why do you look like a giant bruise?' which wouldn't have helped the game at all. @Dawns_Stars145

Shaddaling

• 2044 pebbles
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Shaddaling
  • Art work by Corn
  • Post count 1: You Posted! Post count 1: You Posted! : Earned for posting at least 1 time.
    Post count 10: Chatty! Post count 10: Chatty! : Earned for posting at least 10 times.
    Post count 100: Talkative! Post count 100: Talkative! : Earned for posting at least 100 times.
    Post count 250: Gabby! Post count 250: Gabby! : Earned for posting at least 250 times.
« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2020, 03:57:13 PM »

Corrosive walked close to the bundle, taking in the items. Hemlock was an interesting choice, not so much as the ear and the shriveled heart. She had an idea of who's those could be. Perhaps, though it seemed a bit on the nose. She looked over the bones, small animals mostly, but also a number of sea life. She gave a thoughtful noise.

"Do any herbs or flowers have any significant meaning for the Fairie Court," she asked King of Shadows.

@Baneful

Tara de Draiocht

• 442 pebbles
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Tara de Draiocht
    • Gaia Profile
  • Discord Name: taradedraiocht
  • Dream Writer Dream Writer : Earned by writing at least one Naming Dream!
    Kin count: 50 Kin count: 50 : Earned by receiving your 50th kin. 1/2 way to 100!
    Post count 1000: Jabbering! Post count 1000: Jabbering! : Earned for posting at least 1000 times.
    Transformed Transformed : Claim this achievement after using a Transformation Flower with a same sex pairing in the certing thread!
« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2020, 05:47:34 PM »
{alt}
Hole Dweller felt her ears droop a little bit at the tone of the male buck with the dragons tail and how he dismissed her quite rudely. "Oh.. okay then." Her first time in the game was not going well at all. It would appear she messed up already. Biting her lip Dwell backed a way a bit and eyed the other two kin fearing they too would respond in the same manner. 

Maybe it was best that she found out right away that the buck with the dragon tail responded to questions in such away. It was a lesson that helped made her realize avoiding him would be best.
I hope you find your peace
RIP Grandparents and Uncle

I need to focus more on my accomplishments then my failures...

Item Quest: Add-On Token- Bunny Tail

Nashawryn

• 1134 pebbles
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Nashawryn
  • Discord Name: Nashawryn#7206
  • Post count 250: Gabby! Post count 250: Gabby! : Earned for posting at least 250 times.
    Journal Maker Journal Maker : Earned by creating a journal to track your kin!
    Kin count: 50 Kin count: 50 : Earned by receiving your 50th kin. 1/2 way to 100!
« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2020, 06:07:40 PM »
{alt}
Hidden Beauty looked over to the doe that asked her a question almost right away. She hadn’t expected it and was slightly surprised. “My favorite season is early summer. Do you like feathers?” @Tara de Draiocht

Hidden Beauty squinted at the piles, noticing a few things. She glanced around at the others after and chose a rather large looking acha to question, then asked “You wouldn’t happen to have recently eaten part of a chicken, would you?” She figured logically that a kin of such size was probably snacking before they headed in this direction and that the food had ended up in their pile. @Dawns_Stars145

Toshiful

• 275 pebbles
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Toshiful
    • DA
  • Discord Name: Toshi#8861
    Post count 500: Verbose! Post count 500: Verbose! : Earned for posting at least 500 times.
« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2020, 06:31:09 PM »
{alt}
Mud Bath looked over all the present piles, in what he thought could perhaps be the best game, where to win you had to look at things, and talk to kin, and do absolutely zero obstacle courses.

He thought he had the beginnings of a guess, just from one of the piles sort of radiating a very fetching amount of despair.

"No Escape, you said?" Bath said. He was rather good with names. "The MotherFather gifted you a bit of...err, a dreary name, didn't they?" he asked, but his voice was all approval. "How do you feel about dead things, generally?"

@phoe

Aria Starstone

• 34 pebbles
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Aria Starstone
  • Discord Name: AriaS
« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2020, 06:51:07 PM »
{alt}
Dances was, for the moment, listening, considering who was around, who to approach and what to say to whoever he spoke to. He noticed the grumpy buck's abrasive response and rejection of the pink doe with the leaf markings... What was such a one here for, he wondered? Did he not understand that the purpose was to mingle, to speak and to learn about one another? But that question was not really the point of this game, either, so he refocused.

After a moment, he went up to a pink doe with fluffy pink hair, and smiled at her. ( @AMItotic ) "I was wondering, have you a pet, or a favorite species of pet? Or familiar, for that matter."

He wondered if it was a bit too much, but it felt like the right thing to ask.
<3

Tara de Draiocht

• 442 pebbles
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Tara de Draiocht
    • Gaia Profile
  • Discord Name: taradedraiocht
    Post count 1000: Jabbering! Post count 1000: Jabbering! : Earned for posting at least 1000 times.
    Transformed Transformed : Claim this achievement after using a Transformation Flower with a same sex pairing in the certing thread!
« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2020, 07:05:51 PM »
{alt}
A female voice brought her back to present. Thankfully a question was answered and Dwell felt confident to respond. She really needed to work on gaining a backbone around strangers. Bring out her spice as her mother always said before her passing. "Oh, summer you say? Hmm yes I can see that in a way. Feathers are alright, not really my thing though. Oh and how rude of me! Let me reintroduce myself. I am Hole Dweller and you are?" Now that she had the attention of another player of this game she only felt it right to ask another question. " If you don't mind another question... Do you collect anything?" @Nashawryn

SilverShieldwolf

• 595 pebbles
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To SilverShieldwolf
  • Discord Name: Silvershieldwolf#0156
  • Post count 250: Gabby! Post count 250: Gabby! : Earned for posting at least 250 times.
    Journal Maker Journal Maker : Earned by creating a journal to track your kin!
    Kin Count: 100 Kin Count: 100 : Earned by receiving your 100th kin. You're really in it now!
« Reply #39 on: December 20, 2020, 07:07:05 PM »
{alt}
Above Heartache watched as new kin joined the group already there. Some looked familiar and "Oh, hello!" She looked at the acha who spoke. "Perhaps? Or mayhap another of my line?" She smiles at the thought one of her babies looking like her.
Well, since they should be asking questions, "What is something you really enjoy seeing?" The piles being diverse enough, along with the kin, Above wasn't sure what to ask. "Oh my manners, I am Above Heartache. And you?"

@Dawns_Stars145

Lirilei

• Coffee Fiend
  • 294 pebbles
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Lirilei
    • dusty blog
  • Discord Name: Lirilei#9237
    Post count 2000: Babbling! Post count 2000: Babbling! : Earned for posting at least 2000 times.
« Reply #40 on: December 20, 2020, 07:49:46 PM »
Treasure Hunter looked at the various bundles, and then to the various kin, trying to work out who might belong to what. He turned to Set after a long moment, and addressed her. "Do you have any kids?" @Blinded By Silence 
{alt}

Blinded By Silence

• 4726 pebbles
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Blinded By Silence
  • Holy hiatus, Batman!
  • Discord Name: Pounce#8921
    Post count 500: Verbose! Post count 500: Verbose! : Earned for posting at least 500 times.
« Reply #41 on: December 20, 2020, 09:05:33 PM »
{alt}
Set smiled politely as she drank in as much information as she could about the kin around her. So many Kimeti and Acha! Only a single Totoma and one Kiokote, though? That surprised her almost as much as the complete lack of Zikwa. Most seemed amicable, friendly too, though a few were standoffish and nervous. It was her first instinct to want to assist, especially with the sweet heart Hole Dweller, but before she could step forward, the pink doe seemed to jump right in excitedly. How fun!

Where the Sun Sleeps looked around at the now open parcels instead of jumping right into questioning. There were many plants and bits of food. She wrinkled her nose at the half-eaten meat. Someone came ill-prepared, she assumed, right from Rise and Shine's booth, from the looks of it. The collection of bones and--my word was that an EAR?!--other distasteful things made her wonder about the kin she was in company with. Shuddering, she looked on. Two sight stones, she noted, curiously. And so many feathers!

She was standing over the piles when the Totoma approached her, "Oh, hello! Treasure Hunter, if I remember correctly?" She lowered her head in greeting, eyeing the buck. He was very different from her son, encrusted in small gems and bearing the eye patch of the desert born, "None of my own," She admitted softly, "But I do call myself mother to two foundlings, yes. And you?"

Her pale eyes flickered over the bundles, many things glitered in the weak, watery sunlight, "What kind of treasures do you hunt for, if I may ask?"

[269 words]

@Lirilei

Lirilei

• Coffee Fiend
  • 294 pebbles
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Lirilei
    • dusty blog
    Post count 2000: Babbling! Post count 2000: Babbling! : Earned for posting at least 2000 times.
« Reply #42 on: December 20, 2020, 09:19:27 PM »
{alt}
"You're right!" he grinned at the doe for remembering his name, and nodded his head as he listened. "Foundlings?" a curious note from him then. "You found kids?" well not unusual he was aware. "It sounds like you found your own sorts of treasure finding them."

One way to look at it. Though he grinned. "Any kind. When I was young, it was a stick. As I grew it became things like one of my brothers lost birds, or a specific food another kin wanted. If you're looking for a treasure, or lost one, I'm your buck to find it!"

@Blinded By Silence

Blinded By Silence

• 4726 pebbles
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Blinded By Silence
  • Holy hiatus, Batman!
  • Discord Name: Pounce#8921
« Reply #43 on: December 20, 2020, 09:31:55 PM »
{alt}
"Oh yes, they gave me quite the fright, finding them. My daughter, she's an Acha named Little Brook. I found her egg in a half-frozen rivulet not far from my home! Guards the Herd, he was found later, the little lamb. I didn't know Totoma could earn their names so young, he's very impressive. A good boy." She chuckled and waved her tail dismissively, "But enough about me!"

A stick, he said? She looked over the bundles once more, "Do you have a favorite food? There's quite a bit of that here."

[92 words]

@Lirilei

Lirilei

• Coffee Fiend
  • 294 pebbles
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Lirilei
    • dusty blog
« Reply #44 on: December 20, 2020, 09:39:00 PM »
Her words made him perk up a little, and he looked over the bundles again with a smile. He had an idea which was hers. "Don't think I've ever heard of a kin adopting others different from them." but then he wasn't sure just how common or not that was. "Oh yes! I love fruit, and meat especially when I can eat them together!" he shifted a little, looking around at the others around them talking, before back to her. "Dried foods are great to take along with you when you're busy hunting for things, so I try to keep some with me anytime I'm away from home." finally though he leaned in and there a "I think that one there, might just be yours?" he nodded towards the first pile then.

READY TO GUESS! - @blue
I guess that pile #1 belongs to Where the Sun Sleeps!