[Pop-up Booth] Mystery Gift Exchange - Signups through Dec 19
25 Sep 21, 13:59 PM » Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Matope

Please login or register.

Author Topic: [Pop-up Booth] Mystery Gift Exchange - Signups through Dec 19  (Read 5641 times)

Lirilei

• Coffee Fiend
  • 294 pebbles
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Lirilei
    • dusty blog
  • Discord Name: Lirilei#9237
  • Dream Writer Dream Writer : Earned by writing at least one Naming Dream!
    Post count 2000: Babbling! Post count 2000: Babbling! : Earned for posting at least 2000 times.
    Kin Count: 200 Kin Count: 200 : Earned by receiving your 200th kin.
    Legendary Kin Legendary Kin : Earned by having at least one Legendary kin!
Re: [Pop-up Booth] Mystery Gift Exchange - Signups through Dec 19
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2020, 01:14:59 AM »
{alt}
Treasure Hunter had heard about this booth and left long enough to collect some things, before he was back, a hastily closed up bundle sat down. "I'm Treasure Hunter." he was used to finding things for others, not necessarily giving things away but he was eager to participate.

FrostyPeaches

« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2020, 03:03:02 AM »
Light sort of ran his way over to this booth. He was relieved that the game did not start yet... he had wrapped the presents in a hurry- threw them all into dry leaves and rolled it all in an odd shape and placed the outside of it with a few spiderwebs that were found between branches in the swamp. it was sort of sticky by now since he added a few more on his way over, but at least it was held together pretty well. hastily he tried to place the small package down since he felt the webs stuck to his lips.
"I made it," he beamed happily as he walked away from the pile of presents. "Look at all the lovely bunch here." he continued on while scanning the crowd, unable to see every kin at once. "Light in the Ocean is my name, let's have fun!" he didn't know where to go or who to talk to first. his heart was beating a little faster than usual from all the running but started to calm down as he realised that he had made it in time for the game to start.
Hekking busy irl ;A;

Blinded By Silence

• 4726 pebbles
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Blinded By Silence
  • Holy hiatus, Batman!
  • Discord Name: Pounce#8921
  • Legendary Kin Legendary Kin : Earned by having at least one Legendary kin!
    Puzzle Hunter Puzzle Hunter : Earned by completing any forum Puzzle Hunt!
    Post count 500: Verbose! Post count 500: Verbose! : Earned for posting at least 500 times.
    Patron Patron : Rewarded to anyone who is a current Patron of Matope.
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2020, 03:42:33 AM »
{alt}
Where the Sun Sleeps inhaled deeply, shifting the parcel that hung heavily between her teeth. She was nervous, which was very silly, she thought. This was not her first time here, and it was not like her previous experience had been anything less than entertaining. It had been a grand time, in fact, which is why she had returned. Her pale blue hooves pawed at the melting snow. Who would she meet this year, she wondered?

And maybe it was that thought itself that was filling her belly with butterflies. The soft rose-colored doe gave a friendly nod to the grey speckled, setting her leaf-wrapped parcel at his hooves. "Thank you for hosting, Water Like a Stone," With a smile, she turned away, gave a final deep breath, and approached the gathering around the fire.

It was not often that she saw others outside her family nowadays. The Winter Market was her yearly outing, a special time for the three of them, full of games and excitement. Otherwise, their daily lives were mostly quiet.

"Ah, hello everyone," She said politely, dipping her head in greeting to the kin gathered around, "A pleasure to meet you all. My name is Where the Sun Sleeps, but that's such a mouthful. Set will do, if you please."

[214 words]

Dawns_Stars145

• 47 pebbles
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Dawns_Stars145
  • Discord Name: Panthersclaw #3502
  • Post count 250: Gabby! Post count 250: Gabby! : Earned for posting at least 250 times.
    Kin Count: 25 Kin Count: 25 : Earned by receiving your 25th kin. 1/4th of the way to 100!
    Puzzle Hunter Puzzle Hunter : Earned by completing any forum Puzzle Hunt!
    Species: Acha Species: Acha : Earned by owning at least one Acha!
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2020, 07:01:48 PM »
{alt}
Drown approached the fire. He liked the idea of playing a game, and decided to play while Watch Me is distracted by his adoring public at the RRT booth. The troupe is usually busy during this time so when one wants a break they need to sneak off. He dropped off his leaf wrapped gift by the fire and found a spot near Above. Her bright colors seemed familiar.  Maybe he saw her around. "Heya, have I seen you before?"
Hope you have a good day :D

Aria Starstone

• 34 pebbles
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Aria Starstone
  • Discord Name: AriaS
  • Post count 1: You Posted! Post count 1: You Posted! : Earned for posting at least 1 time.
    Post count 10: Chatty! Post count 10: Chatty! : Earned for posting at least 10 times.
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2020, 07:05:40 PM »
{alt}
Dances through Shadows quietly walked up to the group, a package wrapped in the largest leaf he could find between his teeth. He moved to the pile and set it down, leaving it for the others to inspect when the time came. He had no real idea what to expect, but his curiosity had driven him here.

Driven him enough that he was moving quietly, not dancing, as was his norm.

"I am Dances through Shadows. It is a pleasure to meet you all."
<3

Appeal

• 2113 pebbles
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Appeal
  • Kin count: 50 Kin count: 50 : Earned by receiving your 50th kin. 1/2 way to 100!
    Species: Kimeti Species: Kimeti : Earned by owning at least one Kimeti!
    Dream Writer Dream Writer : Earned by writing at least one Naming Dream!
    Legendary Kin Legendary Kin : Earned by having at least one Legendary kin!
Fisheye Brought Things
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2020, 08:26:55 PM »
{alt}

Fisheye had been spending some time running her own booth so she didn't have to make the long trek here. She was a serious doe, quite focused as she gazed around at the other kin with interest. What sort of things had they brought? She didn't bring anything irreplaceable but they definitely had her own distinct flair to them. In a small and simple basket waved from dried leaves hanging over her midsection was her things, moving gently as she walked up to the kin who stepped ahead of her.

"Fairweather we're having Dance Through Shadows. My name is Fisheye," she said, looking around at everyone else as well. "It's good to meet you all."

Toshiful

• 275 pebbles
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Toshiful
    • DA
  • Discord Name: Toshi#8861
    Kin count: 50 Kin count: 50 : Earned by receiving your 50th kin. 1/2 way to 100!
    Post count 500: Verbose! Post count 500: Verbose! : Earned for posting at least 500 times.
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2020, 09:47:06 PM »
{alt}
Mud Bath came in a bit close to time, but at the pace he had walked, it was surprising it had managed to make it at all. He flopped onto the closest available piece of ground, hoping he had time for a quick nap before the meet and greet. Or a medium sort of nap. A long nap would be too much to hope for, but Bath did like to dream.

He settled for resting his eyes a little.

He did actually like meet and greets. Getting kin's names, likes, dislikes, tempting them, that sort of general thing.

Tara de Draiocht

• 442 pebbles
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Tara de Draiocht
    • Gaia Profile
  • Discord Name: taradedraiocht
    Kin count: 50 Kin count: 50 : Earned by receiving your 50th kin. 1/2 way to 100!
    Post count 1000: Jabbering! Post count 1000: Jabbering! : Earned for posting at least 1000 times.
    Transformed Transformed : Claim this achievement after using a Transformation Flower with a same sex pairing in the certing thread!
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2020, 09:48:51 PM »
{alt}
Hole Dweller let out a soundless and polite yawn. She had been wandering around for some time now and wasn't coming across anyone. A male voice boomed in the silence startling her and the birds up in the trees. It was getting darker out so maybe it was blessing that she could her others. Being alone in the dark was not something she found comforting or pleasant. Dwell handed toward the voices hoping she had made the right decision. "Here we go." She whispered and peeked into the area. There was a fire lit and ...shells? "Oh," the smell was quite pleasant and not at the same time. "Hello there."

A gift? How wonderful, it would appear she made the choice afterall! 'Five things though? I am so unprepared...' Dwell thought before looking at what others had which were leaves bundled up.  With a smile she began to introduce herself. " Hello," She repeated clearly and politely. "My name is Hole Dweller but you can call me Dwell!" Dwell bowed her head slightly as she eyed all the various kin around the fire. So many colourful beings. Maybe she would venture out to gather some things and then come back hmmm.
I hope you find your peace
RIP Grandparents and Uncle

I need to focus more on my accomplishments then my failures...

Item Quest: Add-On Token- Bunny Tail

Baneful

• Tyrant
  • 4536 pebbles
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Baneful
  • Still here.
  • Discord Name: Banefulness#7777
  • Kin Artist Kin Artist : Earned by drawing art of any kin!
    Species: Acha Species: Acha : Earned by owning at least one Acha!
    Species: Totoma Species: Totoma : Earned by owning at least one Totoma!
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2020, 09:53:33 PM »
{alt}

King of Shadows was in his full splendour this time of year, with his fur shining with health and his muscles strong and visible under his fur as he moved, his tail curling at his heels lazily. He was responsible for the Fairy Court, but that had never meant he didn't wander out into the lands beyond. He was quite fond of the mystery gift exchange and had brought his own little bundle of objects with him this year.

He sat down, tossing his head slightly and setting the array of plants in his antlers waving, looking over all present with glowing eyes and a smile that was more handsome than it had business being, set with razor sharp teeth.

"King of Shadows." he said, introducing himself, but he did not bow to anyone.

AMItotic

• 1232 pebbles
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To AMItotic
  • Patron Patron : Rewarded to anyone who is a current Patron of Matope.
    Post count 250: Gabby! Post count 250: Gabby! : Earned for posting at least 250 times.
    Snoop Snoop : Obviously, blue caught you snooping around where you shouldn't.
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2020, 11:42:40 PM »
{alt}
Foxes Hunt the Hounds adored games as much as she adored gifts, but she'd stumbled upon the booth unprepared early on and had broken out in a sprint to find the things she'd need to make a suitable gift. Only her best and favorite things would do, and with Quarry's help she collected a few good treats, all bundled up to be presentable before the group. She brought up the rear of attendants, her eyes catching sight of Born Again with a thrilled twinkle before she set down her offering and joined the group. Following up behind was a russet-colored muskwolf who took a place at her side, tail idly wagging.

"I'm Foxes Hunt the Hounds, but you can call me whatever you'd like," she hummed, settling in for an evening of fun. When she caught sight of Good Boy, her ears flicked forward in interest, as they did with King of Shadows and his intriguing antlers. "I hope you all love surprises."

stella cinere

• 99 pebbles
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To stella cinere
  • Hi.
  • Discord Name: stella cinere#6566
  • Post count 1: You Posted! Post count 1: You Posted! : Earned for posting at least 1 time.
    Post count 10: Chatty! Post count 10: Chatty! : Earned for posting at least 10 times.
    Post count 100: Talkative! Post count 100: Talkative! : Earned for posting at least 100 times.
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2020, 12:17:09 AM »
{alt}
If there was anything The Grand Game liked it was playing something that involved him winning, or at least gaining some sort of reward that he enjoyed like strongly fermented grapes and the ones in the turtle shells were most certainly something good as he approached the fire with a grin.

“I’d love to play, you can all call me The Grand Game.”

blue

• the boss
  • 647 pebbles
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To blue
    • periwinkelle design
  • Discord Name: periwinkelle#5008
  • Legendary Kin Legendary Kin : Earned by having at least one Legendary kin!
    Server Booster Server Booster : Earned by nitro boosting our server on Discord!
    Post count 1000: Jabbering! Post count 1000: Jabbering! : Earned for posting at least 1000 times.
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2020, 12:41:39 PM »
{alt}
Water Like a Stone looks stunned by the turnout; last year was 15, but this year there are 22 neatly arranged piles in front of him. He looks at the lots and his eyes go bright, shimmery and excited.

"I'M SO HONORED!" He steps around the piles to beam at all the kin who have turned out for his humble little game. "This will really make it a challenge! I hope you're ready to ask some questions."

The Piles:

(click to show/hide)

The Cast

(click to show/hide)

OOC:

The game starts now! A few ground rules, to help keep this easy for everyone to play:

Put your kin's image somewhere in your post.
For a lot of people, it's easier to remember who's who with an image attached, so always put the uncert of the kin you're playing somewhere in your post (may I suggest the imgright tag?)
Try to post at least once a day.
Participation will make this happen better and faster!
Give us some hints!
Maybe drop some hints here and there that would tie your kin to things they left behind. It's more fun if people figure this out.
Ask other kin about themselves!
This is the gist of the game, so keep at it! Ask questions; there are some suggestions on the front page of this thread.

And of course, once you're ready to have a guess at who a particular gift pile belongs to, please fill out the form below.

[size=24pt][color=maroon][b]READY TO GUESS![/b][/color][/size] - @blue
I guess that pile #XX belongs to KINNAME!
(icorn by blinded by silence!)

Dizzy_Kat

• 1106 pebbles
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Dizzy_Kat
  • Discord Name: FeralBibliophile#6571
    Post count 100: Talkative! Post count 100: Talkative! : Earned for posting at least 100 times.
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2020, 01:45:36 PM »
{alt}
Nearly everyone else had introduced themselves after Nap had arrived and he watched them all, eyes large and small shivers rippling over his sides. The small acha buck twitched when Water Like a Stone shouted next to him and laid his ears flat. No. These were friends. Potential friends. Just loud friends. Loud friends were ok. Only... only a couple looked like Might Eats. No. That one was definitely a Might Eat. Nap watched King of Shadows introduce himself.

"Mmmmm..." He hummed. "Nap." He was supposed to talk to someone wasn't he? That was how the game was played. Water Like a Stone said to ask questions. He needed a question. Nap turned (most) of his attention to the piles many of them had items that he didn't understand the purpose of... sticks and gooey things and... "don't eat." Nap whispered to himself as he came across the dead spider.

Piles inspected it was time for... kin. Friends? But who? Not the Might Eat... not yet. Maybe her. She had arrived right after him which meant he'd been able to adjust to her presence the longest. " Umm." He could do this. Nap cautiously approached Simple Gifts. His ears perking forward. "What... do you eat?" Was that right? He had to guess which pile came from who... and many of them had food. That was a good question!

@Scaramouche Fandango

Tara de Draiocht

• 442 pebbles
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Tara de Draiocht
    • Gaia Profile
  • Discord Name: taradedraiocht
    Transformed Transformed : Claim this achievement after using a Transformation Flower with a same sex pairing in the certing thread!
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2020, 02:08:09 PM »
{alt}
Hole Dweller hurried back after gathering the things she needed and was just in time for the instructions of the game. She eyed the other kin around her before turning her attention to Water Like a Stone. So she had to ask questions huh. Taking a deep breath and eyeing the others again Dwell wondered who would be the first one. Sometimes this talking business could be difficult especially with strangers. There were so many piles around this might not be as easy as she once thought.

Wandering closer she found herself in between two male kins. One kimeti with a dragons tail and the other with great antlers. Who to talk to first? Maybe she could talk to both? "Hello I'm Hole Dweller it is nice to meet you." Out the corner of her eyes she spot a pink rosed doe. 'I wonder who pile belongs with who.' Taking in each kin before examining the piles thoroughly. ' Here goes nothing.' She began to ask each kin in turn.

Dwell asked the antlered buck first. "This is my first time playing this game so I hope I am doing this correctly! Do you collect anything?" @Owlsomniac

@Nashawryn Then she turned to the rose doe and made sure to ask, "What is your favorite season?"

@Ruriska Lastly she turned to the dragon like buck and stated, "What is your favourite flower?"

Maybe she was biting off more than she could chew by questioning so many. Patiently she waited for the responses.

anemosagkelos

« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2020, 02:29:17 PM »
{alt}
Ignoring his own pile, Sylph felt confused. Rocks, feathers, flowers, bones . . . He'd never felt so similar to other kin before and it was a strange thrill tinged with horror. He could examine that later, though, because this was a game. He shook himself free of the nerves and paranoia that clung to him like fresh spider silk and pranced towards the group.

He found himself next to a pink male with voluminous hair and wondered, "You're not missing an ear underneath all of that lovely hair, are you?" @fluo He chuckled, assuming the answer was likely to be no, because surely it wasn't their own ear, right? That didn't stop him from glancing at each kin to count how many ears were attached to their head. A task far more difficult than he would have imagined when so many had hair or were turned in such a way that made it difficult to see both ears at once. Best not to dwell on that too long.

He turned to the other acha beside him, another male, and asked, "Do you have a liking for jackalopes?" @stella cinere He smiled, it was likely too obvious, but best to rule it out.

G I V E F O R W A R D