[Pop-up Booth] Writing Contest - Dec 2nd - Dec 8
23 Sep 21, 02:35 AM » Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Matope

Please login or register.

Author Topic: [Pop-up Booth] Writing Contest - Dec 2nd - Dec 8  (Read 1411 times)

AMItotic

• 1232 pebbles
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To AMItotic
  • Patron Patron : Rewarded to anyone who is a current Patron of Matope.
    Post count 250: Gabby! Post count 250: Gabby! : Earned for posting at least 250 times.
    Snoop Snoop : Obviously, blue caught you snooping around where you shouldn't.
Re: [Pop-up Booth] Writing Contest - Dec 2nd - Dec 8
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2020, 04:00:15 AM »
A STORY OF LIFE AND DEATH....
Your Username: AMItotic
Preference List: starry fancy box, maxx boxpile, cin box, beejoux box, blinded box, owlie box, ryuu bag, maxx bag, blue bag, dova bag, cin bag, fish 1, fish 2
Entry: Surrounded by family, her dawn-colored legs folded beneath her, Until Next Time basked as much in the glow of the fire as she did the company surrounding her, and in the lull between songs she lifted her voice.

"I think I'd like to share my favorite story," she hummed, settling in to the rhythm of the crackling fire. "One I heard from an old friend a long time ago, someone who's probably long since forgotten. Perhaps I've forgotten a bit of it as well. But stories live new lives every time they're told, even if they've worn a bit around the edges. They're keep going through the ages." Until chuckled, shaking her head. "But I'm getting distracted now. Listen closely--this is the story of the death of winter."

"Before the swamp rose from the waters, before the Ache, the world was in endless slumber, frozen and isolated. The only plants that grew were tough, barky, without leaves, and they were just as soon to wither as survive. The kin of that time only had coats of white like the snow or black like the night, and there was much quarrel between them if any two crossed paths, for there was no risk so severe as another hungry mouth."

"One such snow-coated doe had grown weary of her surroundings, of her bark-trees and bitter kin, and so she did the only thing she could do--she wandered, far and wide, until the ice began to thaw and the ground began to soften--and so, too, did she, as the snow of her coat melted away in the sun and revealed hues her eyes had never seen, glowing like starlight. The further she traveled, the more colors she learned, the more sounds and sights and smells and tastes, and eventually she found love in the warmth of a sunkissed field, with a buck whose hide was dark as hers was pale, but carried all the colors she knew but more."

"However, as time went on, something in her heart called for her to return home." Until nodded softly, her song humming low. "She did not think her lover would agree to leave his verdant fields if he knew the harsh cruelties of the cold, and so she spun sweet stories of the stillness of the snow, of the austere beauty of the chilly nights, until the buck was so enthralled with things he'd never known that he found himself spirited away on love and the promise of something different than honey between their teeth. She sang to him the whole way home, as the ground grew cold and hard, as the trees withered to husks, until rivers were frozen to ice and the warmth of the sun left their limbs, leaving them white and black with nothing remaining."

"The lovers had grown accustomed to a world of good hunting, and while the doe had learned to scavenge for one she could not sustain them both. While her love grew weaker and weaker under a gnarled tree, she searched under every rock and root for enough to eat, until the cruelty of the land spread into her as well, making her hard of heart and empty of belly."

"When she returned to her love, she found him nurturing a single shoot from the tree. Thinking he was hiding food from her, she demanded he give her what he found--and weakly, he produced an orb she'd never seen, of the brightest red in spite of the chill. 'If we share this, we can be the death of winter,' he explained, barely able to lift his head. But the doe was ravenous in her pursuit, and she gobbled the whole thing up in one bite. It was the sweetest thing she'd tasted, and at once her hunger was sated and her mind was wracked with guilt. She turned to her love in a panic and saw that now there was a white mark upon his chest, like hollow bone--and a dark mark from her throat to her stomach."

"'Ah, well,' her love sighed, even as his hooves twined with the roots of the tree. 'You've always had my heart, but now you'll carry it with you forever." As he lay his head down, his fur became soft and green, his scales popping up as mushrooms. The doe tried to reach for him, to uproot him from the ground, but her limbs felt strangely sturdy and stiff, stuck to the ground. Flowers bloomed from her fur in every color she'd collected on her journeys, and then from her horns sprouted the first apple tree, laden with fruit like the heart her love had given away."

"The buck's selfless act--giving his heart to save his love--was such that it melted all the ice surrounding them, setting in for the first thaw and the sudden abundance that would keep loved ones living and fed for the rest of time. The doe's shame likewise settled into the land, drawing all kin to her so they could never leave alone like the buck did when he breathed his last. And such the pair of them became the first spring, and also the first Ache, so that we might all share in the suffering the lovers felt when they could not return home."

"It's a sad story," Until Next Time admitted, bowing her head. "But I think it teaches us to work together, to carry hope--and to trust one another, when we offer help through difficult times, because it is only so long until conditions change." Her song complete, she allowed her head to rest against her mate's, waiting for the next story shared.

blue

• the boss
  • 643 pebbles
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To blue
    • periwinkelle design
  • Discord Name: periwinkelle#5008
  • Legendary Kin Legendary Kin : Earned by having at least one Legendary kin!
    Server Booster Server Booster : Earned by nitro boosting our server on Discord!
    Post count 1000: Jabbering! Post count 1000: Jabbering! : Earned for posting at least 1000 times.
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2020, 01:50:13 PM »
SO sorry for the delay on this...!

There were so many good entries, it took us a while to read through them all...! However, there were a handful which were staff favorites by far:

@purplerosesbeauty
@CelestialRequiem
@Ruriska
@Nashawryn

Each of you will get ONE extra ticket toward the prizes!

I'm going to roll 13 winners to start, take the unique ones, roll more as needed.

• AMItotic
  • Appeal
  • CelestialRequiem
  • CelestialRequiem
  • Dizzy_Kat
  • Gl!tch~
  • Jun
  • Jynk
  • kuropeco
  • Muffinsbaby
  • Nashawryn
  • Nashawryn
  • purplerosesbeauty
  • purplerosesbeauty
  • Ruriska
  • Ruriska
  • Scaramouche Fandango
  • Shaddaling

Rolled 13d18 : 5, 11, 18, 6, 5, 10, 11, 16, 6, 17, 7, 7, 14, total 133
(icorn by blinded by silence!)

blue

• the boss
  • 643 pebbles
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To blue
    • periwinkelle design
    Post count 1000: Jabbering! Post count 1000: Jabbering! : Earned for posting at least 1000 times.
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2020, 01:52:42 PM »
Four more, at least, depending on pref lists.

• AMItotic
  • Appeal
  • CelestialRequiem
  • CelestialRequiem
  • Jynk
  • kuropeco

Rolled 4d6 : 2, 4, 2, 5, total 13

blue

• the boss
  • 643 pebbles
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To blue
    • periwinkelle design
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2020, 01:53:23 PM »
Let's grab the last

• AMItotic
  • kuropeco

Rolled 1d2 : 1, total 1

blue

• the boss
  • 643 pebbles
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To blue
    • periwinkelle design
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2020, 02:02:57 PM »
ALL PRIZES CERTED & SENT OUT!

@Dizzy_Kat: You've won a Starrydance Fancy box! You can either keep this gift or give it away to another user; please PM me with your TO and FROM, and link to this post in your PM

@Nashawryn: You've won a Maxx boxpile! You can either keep this gift or give it away to another user; please PM me with your TO and FROM, and link to this post in your PM

@Shaddaling: You've won a stella cinere box! You can either keep this gift or give it away to another user; please PM me with your TO and FROM, and link to this post in your PM

@Gl!tch~: You've won a Beejoux box! You can either keep this gift or give it away to another user; please PM me with your TO and FROM, and link to this post in your PM

@Muffinsbaby: You've won a Blinded By Silence box! You can either keep this gift or give it away to another user; please PM me with your TO and FROM, and link to this post in your PM

@Ruriska: You've won an Owlsomniac box! You can either keep this gift or give it away to another user; please PM me with your TO and FROM, and link to this post in your PM

@Scaramouche Fandango: You've won a Maxx bag! You can either keep this gift or give it away to another user; please PM me with your TO and FROM, and link to this post in your PM

@Jun: You've won a Ryuukishin bag! You can either keep this gift or give it away to another user; please PM me with your TO and FROM, and link to this post in your PM

@purplerosesbeauty: You've won a blue bag! You can either keep this gift or give it away to another user; please PM me with your TO and FROM, and link to this post in your PM

@Appeal: You've won a Dovaxy bag! You can either keep this gift or give it away to another user; please PM me with your TO and FROM, and link to this post in your PM

@CelestialRequiem: You've won a stella cinere bag! You can either keep this gift or give it away to another user; please PM me with your TO and FROM, and link to this post in your PM

@Jynk: You've won this Fat Fish by Dovaxy!

@AMItotic: You've won this Fat Fish by Dovaxy!

@kuropeco:SURPRISE! No one goes home empty handed! You've won this Fat Fish by Dovaxy!