25 Nov 20, 00:35 AM » Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Matope

Please login or register.

Author Topic: [Art] Illustrated Encounters  (Read 224 times)

Scaramouche Fandango

• 1775 pebbles
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Scaramouche Fandango
    • View Profile
  • Discord Name: kaiju #9562
  • Post count 500: Verbose! Post count 500: Verbose! : Earned for posting at least 500 times.
    Legendary Kin Legendary Kin : Earned by having at least one Legendary kin!
    Kin Count: 100 Kin Count: 100 : Earned by receiving your 100th kin. You're really in it now!
    Puzzle Hunter Puzzle Hunter : Earned by completing any forum Puzzle Hunt!
[Art] Illustrated Encounters
« on: August 15, 2020, 02:59:49 PM »

In this thread, you can get illustrations of your kin! These come in the form of 800x800 squares (or sometimes rectangles of other dimensions) in a fully lined, shaded, colored, non-anti-aliased style focusing on action and storytelling. There will be an atmospheric background, because I really like drawing backgrounds. These illustrations can be scenes from an RP (my preferred thing to do, actually), or scenes from something in your kin’s life that haven’t been written out, or character studies of emotions or actions. These could also be for storytelling, or mapmaking for an RP, or really… whatever! I’m pretty flexible- I just really enjoy drawing within the world of Matope and helping people visualize their kin’s lives and stories.

These illustrations can have anywhere from 1-4 kin in them- perhaps more if some are in the background and not so detailed. Two is ideal, especially if you’re planning an ascension (4 RP points versus 2!), but solo pieces are just as nice to draw. I’m also happy to draw familiars! 

In-canon, this little shop is Strange Creature’s doing. However, because kin are ungulates without hands, what your kin is actually trading for is a dyed piece of tegu shed with glyphs on it.  These can be used for decoration, for sending simple messages, for tying to your familiar to make sure it doesn’t get lost, or whatever you might want to use a lightweight piece of material for. The numerous lizards crawling over the area will shake you down for treats, and they are hoarding the pebbles for reasons.

Scaramouche Fandango

• 1775 pebbles
  • View Inventory
    • View Profile
  • Post count 500: Verbose! Post count 500: Verbose! : Earned for posting at least 500 times.
    Kin Count: 100 Kin Count: 100 : Earned by receiving your 100th kin. You're really in it now!
How To Get An Art
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2020, 03:07:50 PM »

In order to get An Art, I need to know who I’m drawing and what they’re doing. I don’t have a form or anything.  Just post the uncerts of any kin you want drawn and describe what they’re doing. If there’s more than one kin, tell me how they know each other- do they like each other? Hate each other? You also should describe what you want and/or link to the scene in the RP you want illustrated. Be as detailed or vague as you like, but be aware if you just say something like “draw my kin sad,” that means I might draw your kin sad… in the swamp, or in a dream, or getting his ass handed to him by a boar… just communicate, you know? Tell me what you want and I’ll try my very best to make it happen for you!

Pricing is really flexible and simple. I’m suggesting 75-100 pebbles as suggested compensation right now, but if you don’t have a lot of pebbles, you can trade something in RP, or draw something for me, or pay me like 5 pebbles or something. Suggested prices are subject to change as the pebble market stabilizes! My turnaround time is pretty quick.

These are some examples of the kind of thing I draw! Right now these are all from or inspired by the Shattered Obelisk meta.

Scaramouche Fandango

• 1775 pebbles
  • View Inventory
    • View Profile
Specials
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2020, 03:11:16 PM »
/

Sometimes there’s things I particularly want to draw- little scenes that might make sense to put your kin in. Sometimes I’ll be running special things for metaplot events or festivals. If you’re not sure what you’d like me to draw, maybe something listed here will appeal to you?

Right now, I have some YCH slots open! YCH (Your Character Here) images have a suggested price of 25 pebbles. YCH images have suggested species in as a placeholder, but if you’ve got another species you’d like to slot in, that’s fine! YCH images are not templates, but I may reuse backgrounds.

If you’d like to see your kin in one of these scenarios, let me know!

Scaramouche Fandango

• 1775 pebbles
  • View Inventory
    • View Profile
Pickup!
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2020, 10:11:00 PM »

Finished illustrations can be found here!

The most recent bunch will be in this spotlight area here, and older things will get moved to the links section. I typically post on imgbox because imgur tries too hard to be a social network and it's annoying, and I upload things to DA eventually. I can also send you files via discord... they're really not very big so we probably don't have to do email or anything. If you don't want me to post to DA, let me know!

DA Account

Fractured Obelisk illustrations

Shadow Stalkers Hunt illustrations

Scaramouche Fandango

• 1775 pebbles
  • View Inventory
    • View Profile
Queue- open!
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2020, 10:13:47 PM »

Orders are... mostly first come, first serve. It depends on how inspiration strikes and what I feel up to drawing. But by and large, I'll get your order done within the first couple of days after you order, unless I have something going on (and in which case, I'll let you know).

I don't really have slots. If the sign says open, I'm open.

• To Do:
  • YCH backgrounds x2
  • feed the tegus

Ruriska

• 1899 pebbles
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Ruriska
    • View Profile
  • Legendary Kin Legendary Kin : Earned by having at least one Legendary kin!
    Kin Count: 200 Kin Count: 200 : Earned by receiving your 200th kin.
    Dream Writer Dream Writer : Earned by writing at least one Naming Dream!
    Puzzle Champ Puzzle Champ : Earned by being the FIRST to complete any forum Puzzle Hunt!
Re: [Art] Illustrated Encounters
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2020, 02:25:24 AM »
Kinu and I wanted to immortalize the beautiful friendship of Clever Boy and Clever Girl, if you'd be willing. <3

Ruriska11/16/2020
She's a raptor girl so I can imagine her hunting him down and pulling out some tail feathers xD
SirenaOmnia11/16/2020
Omg. Hahahaha. He'd just whip around like 'EXCUSE ME MISS!', horrified expression plastered on his face, to see her staring at him with a mouth full of tail feathers.

So we were thinking a pic of her taking a chomp of those feathers and him being all :reallyshocked: and then a solo face pic of Clever Girl grinning around a mouth full of feathers! It just sounded really cute and your art is so expressive! @Scaramouche Fandango

Scaramouche Fandango

• 1775 pebbles
  • View Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2020, 02:18:38 PM »
@Ruriska
Kinu and I wanted to immortalize the beautiful friendship of Clever Boy and Clever Girl, if you'd be willing. <3

Ruriska11/16/2020
She's a raptor girl so I can imagine her hunting him down and pulling out some tail feathers xD
SirenaOmnia11/16/2020
Omg. Hahahaha. He'd just whip around like 'EXCUSE ME MISS!', horrified expression plastered on his face, to see her staring at him with a mouth full of tail feathers.

So we were thinking a pic of her taking a chomp of those feathers and him being all :reallyshocked: and then a solo face pic of Clever Girl grinning around a mouth full of feathers! It just sounded really cute and your art is so expressive! @Scaramouche Fandango

ABSOLUTELY i want to draw this so bad.

Ruriska

• 1899 pebbles
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Ruriska
    • View Profile
  • Legendary Kin Legendary Kin : Earned by having at least one Legendary kin!
    Kin Count: 200 Kin Count: 200 : Earned by receiving your 200th kin.
    Dream Writer Dream Writer : Earned by writing at least one Naming Dream!
    Puzzle Champ Puzzle Champ : Earned by being the FIRST to complete any forum Puzzle Hunt!
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2020, 07:31:47 PM »
@Scaramouche Fandango yay! 8D let me know how many pebbles!